Creative G5 discussion and reviews
Sep 26, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #452 of 645
I didnt know what that gsx1000 was, when I originally googled it I was corrected to gsxr motorcycle lol..

Wow that looks amazing, from one of the top manufacturers in audio.. worth the wait.. good starting price too

Any early release reviews on this thing?

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #454 of 645
Hi all my very first post. I would love to know if the g5 would run a pair of hd650s groove edition ?.
Primary use ps4. I use groov to have extra boost on mac.

I have an astro mixamp tr and thats lacking. Just want to see if i can buy something that can be added to astro or replace the astro all together.

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #455 of 645
The G5 has a high and low switch for impedance so yes it can most likely run your cans.. anything over 150ohm you would run on high..

Great sounding card, but not the best positional for my.. mind you I have 2 other friends that love it..

If you're in Canada I can give you a deal

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #462 of 645
I can totally share the impression that it's nigh impossible to distinguish between front and rear positional output with the G5. It's a shame, I really like that thing otherwise.

Has anyone ever tried the G5 with the Creative MB3 software that's available separately instead of the software that's bundled with the device? Does positional audio work any better this way? MB3 would be my last hope, otherwise if the Sennheiser amp turns out better, it's goodbye G5 for me.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #463 of 645
  I can totally share the impression that it's nigh impossible to distinguish between front and rear positional output with the G5. It's a shame, I really like that thing otherwise.

Has anyone ever tried the G5 with the Creative MB3 software that's available separately instead of the software that's bundled with the device? Does positional audio work any better this way? MB3 would be my last hope, otherwise if the Sennheiser amp turns out better, it's goodbye G5 for me.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/790796/creative-g5-discussion-and-reviews/225#post_12367719

It seems that the MB3 behaves like the original SBX-Surround from the Z-cards.
I compared the G5 to my SB-Z, and also did those tests where the SB-Z behaved like his MB3 in the vid.

The problem of the G5 is, that the rear channels are not separated in the raw(means while Surround is actually off) downmix of multichannel informations.
Then you need to put surround to a very high value, for the rear channels to move away from your head.

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #465 of 645
I was just about to order this one, then I came across this thread.

Actually, first I was going to go with the E5 but realised the mic input is on the back and Im using a Vmoda BOOM pro cable with my Fidelio X2 so I need them both in the front.

I've never had a DAC\Amp before, never needed one. But for some reason my new Z170 MSI motherboard has low audio out the back where I plug in my 3.5 so I figured I'd try one of these. 

But... Its not really a recommended device from what I can gather from the last few pages? Will be used for some gaming, spotify and youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back