Creative EP-630 to Koss kcs75?
Jun 24, 2010 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

limitedaccess

New Head-Fier
I currently use a pair of Creative EP-630, I'm wondering how they compare to the Koss kcs75s.

For instance I've been reading that the kcs75s don't have a large sound stage, which makes them bad for gaming. But is that in comparison to much higher end headsets or?

I basically use earphones for everything, gaming, movies, and music. I'm not so much focused on heavy bass or volume. I'm probably more interested in good highs? mids and treble? In terms of music I tend to listen to more instrumental pieces, new age, or soundtrack type music.

The creatives were basically my first set of earphones other then generic cheaper ones, and I noticed right away a much better quality coming from them.

Granted at the prices here, this might not really be an upgrade in any sense, but from what I understand the open phones (kcs75) have a different type of sound then IEMs, so it might be worth a try.

Jun 24, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #2 of 4
From my limited experience, spend a few more bucks and try the Koss Porta Pros!

They have great 3d sound location, so you know where the shots are exactly coming from and etc!
Also they are great for music. Alot of people on head-fi highly praise the Porta Pros. You might not like the retro style tho.

And the KCS75 should have a different sound since it's open style, like the Porta Pros.

But if u wanna extend your budget a bit more, go for the Sennheiser 555s. I always hear they are great for gaming, and are less bassy than the Porta Pros, but have better sound location.

Jun 24, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #3 of 4
I would think KSC75's are gonna be a very big upgrade over the EP630's .
I had some EP830's and they were just fairly nasty in comparison to the ksc's.
KSC75's are seriously good phones for the price. Soundstage is good too in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back