Creative Aurvana, Urbanears, Bose Oh my!
Oct 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MadlyB

New Head-Fier
I've been looking to buy some headphones and have been doing some extensive research on some products I'm interested in. I am by no means an audiophile, but would like some good headphones, with good sound, good comfort (especially since I wear glasses), durable, that won't break the bank.

The ones I've been most interested in are Creative Aurvana Live!. They seem like good headphones, but I'd like to hear some testimonials from people about them before I buy them. Are they as comfortable as people say they are? Are they good for glasses wearers? Are they good at blocking out ambient noise?  Are they durable?

Creative Aurvana Live! : $60

I've also looked at Urbanears line of headphones, mainly the Plattan and the Zinken. I like that they fold, but I hear that the Plattan is an on-ear, as opposed to an over ear headphone, and that makes me wonder comfort-wise. I've not seen too much about the Zinken as far as comfort and how they feel for glasses wearers, but I love the color choices and would love to hear more about them. They are a little more expensive than I'd like to spend, so I need to hear some VERY good things about them to sway me.

Plattan : $60
Zinken : $140

Another type of headphones I was looking into are the Bose AE2 headphones, these are very expensive for me anyway, but would I be getting what I'm paying for, is it definately worth it? Good for glasses wearers?

Bose AE2 : $150

I'd like to hear more about headphones that have color choices. This is by no means a determining factor in whether or not I buy a headphone, but if I can find a good quality, comfortable, colorful headset that won't break the bank, this may have to be my new choice.

I've never actually bought a pair of headphones that are remotely close to being high-end, so this all new to me so please excuse the ignorance on my part. O:

My main uses for the headphones are music and video game playing on my laptop. :) If this makes a difference.

o2smile.gif

Thanks ahead of time. ^^

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

The ones I've been most interested in are Creative Aurvana Live!. They seem like good headphones, but I'd like to hear some testimonials from people about them before I buy them. Are they as comfortable as people say they are? Are they good for glasses wearers? Are they good at blocking out ambient noise?  Are they durable?

Yes, they are comfortable. This varies from one person to another. If you have smaller ears, they will be more comfortable.

Yes, they are good for glasses wearers. I wear glasses, and the padding conforms easily to what it comes in contact with. 

No, they aren't good at blocking out ambient noise. I can hear my living room T.V. from my bedroom with them on right now. They block out a little, and are still more isolating than a full open headphone, but they are among the least-isolating closed-back headphones I've tried. That said, leakage is minimal.

Durable? I'm gonna say no here, but for the sound quality you get for the price, durability is not expected to be like HD25-1 II. Just take care of your gear mate! Get a hard case for travel, keep them in a place where they won't get stepped on, and they will last years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back