Creative Aurvana Live! noise isolation
May 7, 2011 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

b33eazy

New Head-Fier
I ordered a pair of these headphones from Amazon for $60 bucks, and I have a few questions. I've heard members on this site say the isolation isn't so good, how bad is it? I go to a university and plan on walking with it around campus; in addition, I plan on traveling to New York City, and I plan on using it in the Subway, Manhattan, buses, etc. So Are these the wrong headphones for that? Could I evade that problem by just turning up the volume on my iPhone 4? Also, is it good for rap music? I have a wide array of music tastes, but I primarily listen to rap and rock...

May 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Well...a low level of isolation isn't necessarily a bad thing if your'e gonna be walking on the street a lot.  It's always good to hear the traffic so you don't get hit by a car.

But from what I understand, the Creatives aren't necessarily bad for isolation, just not great.  Better than your average on-ears but not quite up-to-par as far as other closed headphones go.  But they do block leakage, so that's a plus.  But I'd recommend you just try them out for a little while and see how you like them, if you feel they don't isolate enough then return them.

Turning up the volume too loud is generally a bad idea though, drowning out outside noise with more noise can damage your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back