Creative Aurvana Live! have been discontinued, it seems
Oct 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

shnitz

100+ Head-Fier
I was recently recommending headphones for a friend (the classic "Hey man, you like headphones, right? Well I want to spend about $50, maybe up to $100 on good sounding headphones.  What do you think of these Skullcandy?") and looking online for the CAL!, it seems that they are no longer in stock.  Does anyone know what's going on?  It's a shame if these are no longer being produced.  Guess we'll have to go for the Denons now, but it was nice having a cheaper rebadge to recommend to non-audiophiles that are more wallet-conscious.

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 9
Perhaps they will come out with a CAL2 that's a rebadge of the D1100!

Oct 18, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 9
Quickly snatched a pair before no shop has them anymore. Bought them for 50 euros, which is a bargain considering it's a D1001 basically.
Good headphones always make good presents.

Nov 15, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #5 of 9
I am under the impression that the Creative Aurvana Live, Ah-D2000, Ah-D5000, and Ah-D7000 are built entirely by Fostex (the driver including headband) and then re-branded. I found a Fostex Japanese webpage listing headphones with identical pictures and identical specifications to the headphones marketed by Denon and Creative. Providing Fostex sources the parts for Denon's new headphone line, consumers may expect to see similar offerings from Creative and other companies. However, the new ah-a100 and ah-d1100 possess entirely different drivers. A different manufacturer might be sourcing Denon's new headphone line. Whether or not Creative chooses to use the same components in their next line of headphones remains unknown.

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #7 of 9
But, that's only fulfilled by Amazon.  It's being sold through the manufacturer, and at a 30% discount.  No actual large retailers have any stock.  If you check google shopping, the only stores with them in stock are smaller, fly-by-night operations.  No JR, no B&H, Best Buy, Newegg, etc.  The little stores have them for outrageous prices too.

If I catch them on blowout for less than $40, I think I'll get them just to try, couldn't hurt.  At the very least, I'll pass them on to my brother.  If they don't drop in price, then I'm perfectly happy with my Ultrasone Pro 650's.

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #8 of 9
Creative Aurvana Live just based of sound alone is worth being in the same price bracket as the M50. But of course, that's where the D1001 is soooooooo...

Nov 28, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #9 of 9
Hmm I hope not, I've just ordered one last night from creative site Australia, they list it for $65 brand new.:)

I even got an email saying that I should received it by 9th december 2010
Can't wait to test this can, heard so much about it,never actually listen to them, have Senn Hd280 pro which i think is awesome sounding, but bit too heavy, apparently CAL sound better and felt better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back