Craft Ears Reviews/Impressions Thread
Jun 30, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #211 of 345
Fresh out, my review of the Aurum!

This is a beautifully executed earphone. Indeed, they lean bright but in the best way possible with copious sparkle and headroom at the very top meaning minimal harshness in the audible range. The Aurum also comes across as an appreciably more refined than the Craft Six whilst making further improvements to the excellent technical traits that model became renowned for.

DSC03088.jpg

Altogether, I found this to be an outstanding offering in the high-end CIEM space with a well deserved asking price. It's balanced enough to be versatile but with an extra sprinkle of sparkle and sub-bass slam that give it heaps of fun factor too. A certified EL must listen :)

DSC03090.jpg

Aug 8, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #214 of 345
Fresh out, my review of the Aurum!

This is a beautifully executed earphone. Indeed, they lean bright but in the best way possible with copious sparkle and headroom at the very top meaning minimal harshness in the audible range. The Aurum also comes across as an appreciably more refined than the Craft Six whilst making further improvements to the excellent technical traits that model became renowned for.

DSC03088.jpg

Altogether, I found this to be an outstanding offering in the high-end CIEM space with a well deserved asking price. It's balanced enough to be versatile but with an extra sprinkle of sparkle and sub-bass slam that give it heaps of fun factor too. A certified EL must listen :)

DSC03090.jpg

Nice review as always!

Anyone knows what spinfit model is supplied as the stock tips for aurum ? I would like to get some spares

Should be SpinFit CP-145. Aurum works well with CP-100+ also.

The 145 is great and one of my favorite tips in general.

Aug 15, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #215 of 345
First of all - hello to the whole head-fi and Craft Ears community!
New here, but not new in the hi-fi industry at all. I just wanted to share my thoughts regarding Aurum I received a few weeks ago (poor photo, but man... what a sound quality!)

IMG-5255-Edit.jpg

This is one of the best IEMs have ever listened to, and for sure the best I have ever owned. The quality of the IEMs themselves, with astonishing design (I went with classic Aurum design in two colors) and perfect fit. It needs a good player, but when powered via a balanced connection the listening impressions are one in a kind. And trebles - a masterpiece. Chapeau Bas Craft Ears.

Aug 15, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #216 of 345
First of all - hello to the whole head-fi and Craft Ears community!
New here, but not new in the hi-fi industry at all. I just wanted to share my thoughts regarding Aurum I received a few weeks ago (poor photo, but man... what a sound quality!)

IMG-5255-Edit.jpg

This is one of the best IEMs have ever listened to, and for sure the best I have ever owned. The quality of the IEMs themselves, with astonishing design (I went with classic Aurum design in two colors) and perfect fit. It needs a good player, but when powered via a balanced connection the listening impressions are one in a kind. And trebles - a masterpiece. Chapeau Bas Craft Ears.

I have kept recommending the Aurums to my audiophile friends as one of the very best iems ever made regardless of price..........and each of those who cared to try them out have to agree. I really can't find any weaknesses in the Aurums at all, all across the frequency spectrum, overall timbre accuracy and musicality, ease of pairing, aesthetics, craftsmanship and wearing comfort, all perfect or darn near perfect.

Aug 16, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #217 of 345
I have kept recommending the Aurums to my audiophile friends as one of the very best iems ever made regardless of price..........and each of those who cared to try them out have to agree. I really can't find any weaknesses in the Aurums at all, all across the frequency spectrum, overall timbre accuracy and musicality, ease of pairing, aesthetics, craftsmanship and wearing comfort, all perfect or darn near perfect.
Yeah! Got the same feelings. It's a shame that such great companies are overshadowed by another way bigger companies, which makes overall worse IEMs in workmanship and sound quality. Have you tried different CE earphones?

Aug 18, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #218 of 345
Yeah! Got the same feelings. It's a shame that such great companies are overshadowed by another way bigger companies, which makes overall worse IEMs in workmanship and sound quality. Have you tried different CE earphones?

Unfortunately not yet, as my eyes had been set on the Aurum for some time since I first got to try them. I heard good things about the Craft Six but it is not really available in where I live.

Aug 29, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #219 of 345
Unfortunately not yet, as my eyes had been set on the Aurum for some time since I first got to try them. I heard good things about the Craft Six but it is not really available in where I live.
Where do you live? You should text Jed (CE Owner, - he is such a nice guy) and maybe you will figure out sth with demo units of CE6. But - IMHO as long as CE6 is a great pair of IEMs, Aurums are so much better - true TOTL for me.

Oct 24, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #220 of 345
Old fogie here:smile:

I'm looking for IEMs for mostly electronica (chill out, downtempo etc and 80s/90s house) and some rock such as Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Would the Aurum's fit the bill?

Having read reviews, the Aurum's, Acoustune HS1695ti (I currently have HS1300ss which I like for the bass, but a touched veiled, instrument separation could be better) and the Hyla Sarda's have pricked my interest.

I tried some IEMs in a shop, Final A8000 impressed the most, but though were a tiny touch too bright, the Acoustune HS2000MX were brighter, Didn't really enjoy any of the offerings I tried with BA bass.

Oct 24, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #221 of 345
Old fogie here:smile:

I'm looking for IEMs for mostly electronica (chill out, downtempo etc and 80s/90s house) and some rock such as Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Would the Aurum's fit the bill?

Having read reviews, the Aurum's, Acoustune HS1695ti (I currently have HS1300ss which I like for the bass, but a touched veiled, instrument separation could be better) and the Hyla Sarda's have pricked my interest.

I tried some IEMs in a shop, Final A8000 impressed the most, but though were a tiny touch too bright, the Acoustune HS2000MX were brighter, Didn't really enjoy any of the offerings I tried with BA bass.

I'm not into electronica but I still fail to identify one genre that the Aurum isn't good at or can't do right. They do rock with rock. It IS on the bright side of things but that is relative, Cymbal crashes are bright as the real thing but not intrusive. Its highs extends as much as the HS2000MX but doesn't sound THAT bright due to the more linear presentation and less high-mids bloat. Layering and instrument separation is second to none. Details are full and complete but not excessive. Loads of air. You only have to make sure your setup can provide a good amount of juice, it needs quite a bit more of that than the norm.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #223 of 345
Thanks productred!
I'll be using an RME ADI-2 FS mostly, sometimes my CEC headphone out of my CD player, and a Cowon DAP for occasional portable usage. I also use a Colorfly dongle.

I was originally going to buy over ear closed headphones, but was pleasantly surprised at how far IEMs seem to have come. None of the closed headphones wowed me. Then I thought, I can kill two birds with one stone. Get IEMs, closed by nature, can be a home, closed and portable solution.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #224 of 345
I'm not into electronica but I still fail to identify one genre that the Aurum isn't good at or can't do right. They do rock with rock. It IS on the bright side of things but that is relative, Cymbal crashes are bright as the real thing but not intrusive. Its highs extends as much as the HS2000MX but doesn't sound THAT bright due to the more linear presentation and less high-mids bloat. Layering and instrument separation is second to none. Details are full and complete but not excessive. Loads of air. You only have to make sure your setup can provide a good amount of juice, it needs quite a bit more of that than the norm.
Definitely! Aurum is great with that type of music as well! Like @productred said - I still haven't found even one genre that Aurums are bad at!
Gou should give them a try - you wont regret :wink:

Jan 28, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #225 of 345
My new Craft Ears Four and Six arrived on Thursday evening.

I've been listening to the Craft Ears Six today, and they're fantastic. I absolutely love the weight of the CIEM; it's so light compared to my Hidition Viento CIEMs. Incredible comfort; it feels like nothing is in my ears at all.

Any fellow weebs?

my newest ciems.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back