Craft Ears Reviews/Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #181 of 345
Has anyone listened to CUPRUM instead?

Personally I had never seen such an aesthetically beautiful iem .....
7FBC1512-AC0F-41FF-A09C-147A29768DAC.jpeg
Technically you could custom the Aurum with the Cuprum's design - best of both worlds 😃

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #183 of 345
I would like to read some reviews about it to understand how AURUM sounds
I just have them for few days but I can already say :
- I would say quite neutral, great blend of musicality/technicalities, some people will find mids can be a bit laid back compared to subs/lows and highs but the only things I can notice in the mids is male vocals aren't at the front of the presentation (mids remains textured & airy at the same time)
- First time I can use "textured" to qualify highs, you can physically feels harmonic from hit hat or cymbals (still remaining airy & extended) but it can be too intense after several hours of listening
- One of the best drums renderring I've heard from an iem : DD is fast, precise & deep for kick; BA's tuning are great to match snare and toms timbre/decay; EST are really extended/precise to present harmonics of cymbals. I can easily heard/recognize added effect like reverb, compression with this pair of iem
- Soundstage volume/size is really linked to how the music is produced/recorded (shine with everything but even more with great produced music)
- Top notch details/technicalities

Few years ago, I was quite blown away by tia driver for highs and not really by EST but what Craft Ears done with Aurum is a step forward in highs restitution.

I only use them with DX300+AMP12 (mid gain/volume around 40-45)

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #184 of 345
I just have them for few days but I can already say :
- I would say quite neutral, great blend of musicality/technicalities, some people will find mids can be a bit laid back compared to subs/lows and highs but the only things I can notice in the mids is male vocals aren't at the front of the presentation (mids remains textured & airy at the same time)
- First time I can use "textured" to qualify highs, you can physically feels harmonic from hit hat or cymbals (still remaining airy & extended) but it can be too intense after several hours of listening
- One of the best drums renderring I've heard from an iem : DD is fast, precise & deep for kick; BA's tuning are great to match snare and toms timbre/decay; EST are really extended/precise to present harmonics of cymbals. I can easily heard/recognize added effect like reverb, compression with this pair of iem
- Soundstage volume/size is really linked to how the music is produced/recorded (shine with everything but even more with great produced music)
- Top notch details/technicalities

Few years ago, I was quite blown away by tia driver for highs and not really by EST but what Craft Ears done with Aurum is a step forward in highs restitution.

I only use them with DX300+AMP12 (mid gain/volume around 40-45)
Thank you very much. At least I got an idea. And I also believe that they will change again and need more hours of listening. Thanks for your availability and courtesy.

Nov 24, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #186 of 345
Don't know if you noticed, but there is nice BF discount (15%) for Genesis series and Aurum's black design in the price (I love it) -> link

craft bf.jpg

Feb 20, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #187 of 345
Could anybody share some impressions about CIEM Aurum - fit, isolation and off course, SQ, - especially in comparison to the universal model and Craft Ears Six (CIEM) which I am still considering to buy...?
Thanks!

Feb 20, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #188 of 345
Could anybody share some impressions about CIEM Aurum - fit, isolation and off course, SQ, - especially in comparison to the universal model and Craft Ears Six (CIEM) which I am still considering to buy...?
Thanks!
The fit is great and so is the isolation, they disappear in your ears and so does ambient noise. Bear in mind fit relies on impression quality so that may differ. I won't comment on SQ compared to UIEM since I no longer have them at hand. But that sparkly extended treble and ridiciulous detail is there and that was paramount for me.

Feb 21, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #189 of 345
Are there any reviews of Cuprum or Argentum? Any idea how Craft ears compares to Custom art?
Looking for my first custom in ear monitor and listen to variety of music. Something that would be pleasant to listen for longer periods of times without harshness.
Mostly listen to Jazz-Rap combo and then Sade, Bossa nova, 90s-2010s rap, Rnb and Linkin Park, Red hot chilli peppers and a bit modern music.

Feb 24, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #193 of 345

Attachments

• 5B7DC202-58D6-4A4F-AE46-A4D596CB5F7B.jpeg
    5B7DC202-58D6-4A4F-AE46-A4D596CB5F7B.jpeg
    623.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AD020E2B-ADAE-43CD-9A4B-D85A4D05AD6D.jpeg
    AD020E2B-ADAE-43CD-9A4B-D85A4D05AD6D.jpeg
    603.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back