cracking when turned up in full
Jan 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bojoperez

New Head-Fier
i have a mdr xb700 and when i turn it max i hear a crack on the right side. is it broken?  im using a fiio e6 amp and a sansa clip+

sorry if this is in the wrong place i cant find a help area.

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 7
I don't believe the problem lies with your headphones but either the amp or your player, most likely the amp though, but I can't be sure of this. Try plugging them into a different source and not using the e6. Just use some trial and error to figure out what the problem is.

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 7
the cracking sound is more like plastic warping. ive heard it before in my car speakers after they were torn. im sure its not any connections. full volume and extra loud volume. when i gets bass thats not a low low bass it sounds cracked. am i making sense? lol. im playing it at sounds that you can hear 6-10 ft away. have i blown it or is it a defect? or plainly just playing it too loud. any suggestions, comments, violent reaction welcome.

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 7
That post made my night.  Thanks for that.

Seriously, you're probably clipping.  That's the first thing that came to mind.  It's bad for your gear, but more importantly, probably bad for your ears.

Quote:
the cracking sound is more like plastic warping. ive heard it before in my car speakers after they were torn. im sure its not any connections. full volume and extra loud volume. when i gets bass thats not a low low bass it sounds cracked. am i making sense? lol. im playing it at sounds that you can hear 6-10 ft away. have i blown it or is it a defect? or plainly just playing it too loud. any suggestions, comments, violent reaction welcome.

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #6 of 7
I expect you to be deaf in a couple of years... hehehe :wink:

Really, why so loud?

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #7 of 7
more likely Distortion on one channel from your amp or
your diaphragm may also be slightly venting "did you do any mods to your headphones?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back