Cozoy REI - DAC/Amp for PC/iOS/Android
Dec 29, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #16 of 93
Sorry Sirs, please understand this is Christmas, New Years and holiday times, my ears are at the diposal of my family for now and rarely touch an audio product.

Soon, mid January I will share some early impressions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
Expat

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #20 of 93
Still no real impressions or reviews..

I like the form factor of the REI a lot, but what turns me off a bit is he marketing. They're really pushing the fact that it works well with iPhones, that they have their own player, and the fact that it plays DSD. Three things that I couldn't care less about.

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #21 of 93
I was also very interested in the REI until I asked Cozoy about the power requirements. They replied that it required even more current than the Aegis which cut my source battery life drastically, so this is a deal-breaker for me.

Perhaps Expat can further elaborate on this when he posts his impressions.

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #22 of 93
I was also very interested in the REI until I asked Cozoy about the power requirements. They replied that it required even more current than the Aegis which cut my source battery life drastically, so this is a deal-breaker for me.

Perhaps Expat can further elaborate on this when he posts his impressions.

Battery drain isn't insane, but you will notice your battery life move faster than usual. I use it with an iPhone SE and notice only minimal battery drain. It is still better battery life than any hi-end DAP out there, and of course, it retains all the the gapless, and other tricks your phone is capable of. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #23 of 93
Still no real impressions or reviews..

I like the form factor of the REI a lot, but what turns me off a bit is he marketing. They're really pushing the fact that it works well with iPhones, that they have their own player, and the fact that it plays DSD. Three things that I couldn't care less about.

It works almost equally well with computers, and other portables. The marketing is aimed at iPhone for the primary reason that most profits are tied up in the iPhone ecosystem. It is a smart move to heavily mention it. It doesn't affect its performance on other devices. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #24 of 93
Snap!

Thanks Shigzeo!
Good information.

I just started the review process today as my holiday has ended.

First impressions are positive with the REI (no burn in time).

Volume control us great, no jumps like thr Aegis.
Great resolution, sound quality and separation.
Vocals forward a tad at low volumes, even ish at mid or higher volume.

Using ipod touch6G and flacplayer app by Dan Leehr.

No hiss detected at high volume with no music palying.

Great size.

Seems farly neutral overall.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #25 of 93
Snap!

Thanks Shigzeo!
Good information.

I just started the review process today as my holiday has ended.

First impressions are positive with the REI (no burn in time).

Volume control us great, no jumps like thr Aegis.
Great resolution, sound quality and separation.
Vocals forward a tad at low volumes, even ish at mid or higher volume.

Using ipod touch6G and flacplayer app by Dan Leehr.

No hiss detected at high volume with no music palying.

Great size.

Seems farly neutral overall.

Aegis's high minimum volume was a problem for earphones. REI shows nothing of that. Brilliant, clean, and amazingly resolved sound. 

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #30 of 93
  USD550??!! what the hell... the audio market is getting crazy! I would have expected something like USD99 to USD199 MAX!

Not if you consider how well it is made, and certainly not if you consider how much power it outputs and how well it actually performs. You're basically getting AK380 performance (volume, a number of measurable results) for 550$. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? I think that some people will think so. It is intriguing to be sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back