COWON Z2 - The complete Review (from Izzi going)
May 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #241 of 542
can anyone tell me - how's the wifi performance on this ?

i have wifi home network [no internet] and keep my files on connected usb portable storage and stream via my laptop's n wireless card [vista HP service pack 2]
anyone tried wifi on z2 - plz post screens of how to set it up on z2 ....please !

also torn between cowon x7 160gb and this .....as z2 is totally dependent on wifi streaming becoz of low amt of int. storage already i own cowon q5w , creative zen vision w and cowon D2+

please advise wifi device [z2] or cowon x7 160gb which one will be better - i have aroung 190GB of mp3/flac/ape files

if nothing else i 'd use q5w and do the traditional copy paste stuff but i really need advice - please

May 20, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #245 of 542
Quote:

I see you were more complaining about the placement of the volume buttons, but I like for the headphone jack to be on the bottom of the player because not only do you not have to flip the player upside down when you take it out of your pocket, it also seems to lessen the strain that the headphones/cable put on the jack itself when they're plugged into the bottom.

+1000000

i had to use my samsung galaxy 2 as an interim player, and aside from the muffled sound my biggest gripe was the location of the headphone jack (top). this is so much better.

Quote:
jetaudio seller on ebay.  $280 free shipping for 16gb white one.

that's what i did and i received it yesterday. loving it so far! jeteffect is awesome. you can hear big distinctions in the changes you make to the EQ unlike some players ive used

May 20, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #246 of 542
any suggestions on how to get album art to display properly? i used mp3tag on my mp3's and they display properly in media player on the computer and on my ipod, but for whatever reason the z2 keeps rejecting it and will either show the wrong album art  or none....

May 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #247 of 542
Guys i am a newbee here so expect advice
I have read the entire review - all pages and strangely - those  who own z2 are not talking about the wifi and file sharing with win pc/laptop - why ?

Does the wifi with android never work with win pcs ?

is that reason that u guys are still doing traditional 'copy and paste' and thinking of getting 64gb cards for z2 ?

For me i am past that stage of "copying and pasting" which i consider it as medieval !

1)- i really like someone to try wifi and file-sharing with win PC and post a youtube tutorial of "how to do it"

2)Can the micro usb port on z2 - charge my phone with it once z2 is charged to FULL battery capacity ? [is the micro-usb on z2 powered to charge mobile devices on the go ?]

3) has anybody output a FULL HD content to FULL HD LCD TV via z2's HDMI - how is the quality of output ?

i have the video in HD and full HD on my connected usb drive which is connected to dell laptop and i access them on my acer iconia w500 [HDD capacity 32gb] over wifi home network [no internet] - just great -  but then it's windows to windows magic !

Can i do the same with z2 ? has anybody done that ?

May 21, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #248 of 542
Quote:
Quote:

I see you were more complaining about the placement of the volume buttons, but I like for the headphone jack to be on the bottom of the player because not only do you not have to flip the player upside down when you take it out of your pocket, it also seems to lessen the strain that the headphones/cable put on the jack itself when they're plugged into the bottom.

+1000000

i had to use my samsung galaxy 2 as an interim player, and aside from the muffled sound my biggest gripe was the location of the headphone jack (top). this is so much better.

Quote:
jetaudio seller on ebay.  $280 free shipping for 16gb white one.

that's what i did and i received it yesterday. loving it so far! jeteffect is awesome. you can hear big distinctions in the changes you make to the EQ unlike some players ive used

are the changes to the EQ INSTANT?  like they were on the J3...or is there a pause/skip like on the D3? 

May 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #249 of 542
there is a very slight pause in music when you're fiddling with the jeteffect. i didnt have any of the previous cowons so i have no reference point... but it really doesnt bother me at all. how often do you adjust anyways? once you find your settings you generally leave it alone.

btw, these are officially on sale at amazon in case anyone was waiting 

May 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #250 of 542
Quote:
there is a very slight pause in music when you're fiddling with the jeteffect. i didnt have any of the previous cowons so i have no reference point... but it really doesnt bother me at all. how often do you adjust anyways? once you find your settings you generally leave it alone.

btw, these are officially on sale at amazon in case anyone was waiting 

tha'ts true, but with the J3 there was no pause at all.  It was easier to compare in my opinion.  the pause on the D3 isn't long--but it's probably at least between a second and a half second....just long enough to be annoying

May 23, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #251 of 542
Are u guys living in the past the age when wifi was NOT there and only method of accessing file was to 'Copy and paste' ?

why no one is trying the wi-fi and  file-sharing on win pc/laptop [music/video files on win PC]?

if the above is NOT possible - i'd rather get cowon X7 than this [z2] at least it has 160gb of space

A device which has only 32gb max as internal memory what options does one have if the music / video collection is more than 800gb - ONLY option wi-fi with file sharing !

if no one has tried that then the review is NOT complete !

And if anyone claims to have reviewed z2 completely without testing it's wi-fi and file-sharing capability as mentioned above then the person is an absolute liar - may be he does not have the z2 even , just hogging for attention from world community [Izzi going ! i hope u r reading this!]

i already have a bad experiance with cowon Q5W - coz the wi-fi and file sharing with win PC is useless , i just do NOT want to have another device like Q5W however the face-saver for Q5W was it's 60g drive the only consolation i got !

Can anybody review please as to how to setup wifi to work via file sharing on win PC [music/video files reside on win PC]  ? 
please do post help guide if anyone was able to do as above ?

May 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #252 of 542
Are u guys living in the past the age when wifi was NOT there and only method of accessing file was to 'Copy and paste' ?

why no one is trying the wi-fi and  file-sharing on win pc/laptop [music/video files on win PC]?

if the above is NOT possible - i'd rather get cowon X7 than this [z2] at least it has 160gb of space

A device which has only 32gb max as internal memory what options does one have if the music / video collection is more than 800gb - ONLY option wi-fi with file sharing !

if no one has tried that then the review is NOT complete !

And if anyone claims to have reviewed z2 completely without testing it's wi-fi and file-sharing capability as mentioned above then the person is an absolute liar - may be he does not have the z2 even , just hogging for attention from world community [Izzi going ! i hope u r reading this!]

i already have a bad experiance with cowon Q5W - coz the wi-fi and file sharing with win PC is useless , i just do NOT want to have another device like Q5W however the face-saver for Q5W was it's 60g drive the only consolation i got !

Can anybody review please as to how to setup wifi to work via file sharing on win PC [music/video files reside on win PC]  ? 
please do post help guide if anyone was able to do as above ?

I don't have a z2 yet but why don't you just use google music?

On android you can just stream files from box.com or dropbox apps

Box.com app gives you 50gb

May 24, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #253 of 542
Quote:
Guys i am a newbee here so expect advice
I have read the entire review - all pages and strangely - those  who own z2 are not talking about the wifi and file sharing with win pc/laptop - why ?

Does the wifi with android never work with win pcs ?

is that reason that u guys are still doing traditional 'copy and paste' and thinking of getting 64gb cards for z2 ?

For me i am past that stage of "copying and pasting" which i consider it as medieval !

1)- i really like someone to try wifi and file-sharing with win PC and post a youtube tutorial of "how to do it"

2)Can the micro usb port on z2 - charge my phone with it once z2 is charged to FULL battery capacity ? [is the micro-usb on z2 powered to charge mobile devices on the go ?]

3) has anybody output a FULL HD content to FULL HD LCD TV via z2's HDMI - how is the quality of output ?

i have the video in HD and full HD on my connected usb drive which is connected to dell laptop and i access them on my acer iconia w500 [HDD capacity 32gb] over wifi home network [no internet] - just great -  but then it's windows to windows magic !

Can i do the same with z2 ? has anybody done that ?

I doubt it will be able to so. 

May 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #254 of 542
Quote:

I doubt it will be able to so. 

So a device which has only 8/16/32GB of int. memory and boasts of video resolution upto FULL HD capability will have to to be used with "Copy and Paste" crap for watching movies/listening to audio !

and who in the name of hell 'd browse internet on 3.7 inch screen ? anybody even thinking of doing so is called a 'Dork' in my terminology....

i think i will get viliv S5 as it's full windows xp computer taking a bit of toll on sound quality at least it has b/g wifi for streaming the audio from win PC
other option - wait for win 8 release  with 7 inch tablets coming out with wifi .and forget about this **** called Z2

the design team of Cowon must be Dorks to have come up with crap like z2 -they 'd be fired and shown the door as they lack the knowledge of what ppl want !

May 24, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #255 of 542
can you put any of those devices in your pants pocket??  cowon players are gonna offer superior audio quality for those who want first and foremost a serious mp3 player.  the other features are secondary--even tertiary.  the feature of secondary importance are probably tactile buttons that you can use to control your music while the device is in your pocket. 

what's even more ridiculous is the non-expandable memory sony Z series that people are paying like $400-500 for. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back