Cowon X7 this summer!
Oct 29, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #271 of 380

Quote:
If you've seen or owned a Cowon S9 or J3 this image will help gauge the size:

Yes it is certainly big. It is certainly bigger than I wish it was. However IMO it looks bigger when it is side by side with S9 or J3.

IMO size comparison can be a bit misleading, as it gives the impression X7 is bigger than it actually is. Here are other pictures from the same site: just look how not-so-big it is in the man's hand:

Oct 30, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #274 of 380

It's a high capacity music & video player, that's all. It doesn't need wifi & apps, it's exactly the way it's supposed to be. My gripes are it MIGHT need a few more tactile controls, and the resistive screen w/it's outdated res. Otherwise comparing every dap/pmp that comes out to the iPod touch is just ridiculous.
Quote:
It seems Cowon couldn't decide whether to compete with the ipad or the ipod classic with this."It's kinda like an ebook-reader - minus the wifi (!) - and it does movies pretty well, but it's also a fairly portable music device..." Still, it's neither-nor. At the size of an ipod classic, I wouldn't have waited a second.

Oct 30, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #276 of 380

Touch, classic, or ipad, any comparison except for size is irrelevant. And I didn't say that to discredit you, I was only mentioning the fact to discern that the X7 is just a different type of device. The ipad & touch are app monsters, and this is audio & video only (well, do comics and a dictionary count???). I do wish it had a better screen, since the touch & ipad kick it's butt in this area, and it's a SERIOUS AREA at that. I might just get an ipod touch 4G myself,....the X7 is too iffy at this stage.
Quote:
I didn't mention the ipod touch and I don't think the X7 is comparable to it.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #277 of 380
Paraphrasing from advancedmp3players.com: X7 is due to go on the shelf on 18-11-2010.

Paraphrasing from Exportprive.com: X7 is due to go on the shelf late november. (But they told me they have WHITE 160 GB X7 right now, though it is not displayed on the website. I don't know if they have 120 or 80 GB versions, because I specifically asked about Black 160 GB version...)

Nov 7, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #279 of 380

Where? - it wasn't listed in the UK from memory

Quote:
Anyone know why Amazon pulled the pre-order listing?

Nov 11, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #282 of 380
There's a member on another site that has the X7, and it bricked w/an Apple computer. It seems it's not compatible, and still has issues w/that OS. When he posts a thread (I asked him, I hope he creates one) I'll like to it so others can read his experience and ask questions.

Looks like the X7 is a no-no for MAC owners.

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #283 of 380

Quote:
There's a member on another site that has the X7, and it bricked w/an Apple computer. It seems it's not compatible, and still has issues w/that OS. When he posts a thread (I asked him, I hope he creates one) I'll like to it so others can read his experience and ask questions.

Looks like the X7 is a no-no for MAC owners.

For those of us not with Macs, the better question about the X7 is.....is it?
atsmile.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #285 of 380

Users who are viewing this thread

Back