Cowon X7 this summer!
Oct 5, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #91 of 380

Quote:
I can't imagine Cowon making a throwaway. The D2, while not my favourite, is a good player. So too is the S9 and J3. They always add SFX up the wazoo for 'audiophiles' and trick their advertising with the easiest of keywords: battery life, SQ, etc. Cowon won't be undone by a player as long as they advertise the way they have been doing for years.

With the exception of the V5 which was a complete loser in the US market and severely tarnished their reputation.  

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #92 of 380

Quote:
With the exception of the V5 which was a complete loser in the US market and severely tarnished their reputation.  

Ah the V5. Some products are not meant to be exported, and the V5 should be one of them. They suit the Korean market perfectly, and it sells quite well here. Why? erm... it is a bit of culture difference I guess. It's quite long to explain.

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #94 of 380
I have the V5. For me this DAP is pretty charming. Good SQ and video quality. Feels good in the hand. The only thing I do not like is the slow UI.

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #96 of 380
interesting....at first i thought the X7 was never going to happen.

then, i thought since Cowon had migrated entirely to Flash memory players, the X7 would be a 7-inch behemoth designed to compete with Archos and replace their own A2/3 and other large video-centric PMPs.

Very pleased to see that they're targeting high school students, as this suggests an IPod style player, which is exactly what I was hoping for: slim, pocketable and HDD based.

It says that it will have a touchscreen...I hope that physical controls for volume and track skipping/rewinding will be available, as that is my only issue w/ the Ipod Touch and ZuneHD...I have to take it out of my pocket to change the track.

Exciting times ahead! Let's see what the final product looks like. I am happy with the capacity options; people hoping for 240GB drives or SSD options may have been too optimistic; I doubt that either technology will be cost-effective to implement for at least a few more years.

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #97 of 380
The v5 is definitely a Korean machine. I see it all the time here, but it is such a clumsy system that it taught me a lot about the Korean mobile market. I see people all the time carrying three machines: an iPod for music, a video player for video, and a phone.

People like bulky here, even cute, emaciated girls who've no power to hold a lunch bag - everyone has these horrible trio of machines. It is a lessen in the Korean mentality better than anything else is.

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #98 of 380
Well, I'm not an exception
tongue.gif

I have the nano 2nd gen for music, the amazingly bulky iriver P10, and...um... my phone is broken for like two weeks(planning to buy a new one this weekend), so I don't carry a phone!

an exception
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #99 of 380
hmm, a picture? 

I don't know if it is real or fake(but I guess it is), what do you guys think?

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #101 of 380
^ In Seeko, a Korean community site that looks something like ABI and some parts of Head-fi combined. People in that forum are quite angry at the looks(they don't like it), and of course there is a controsersy. I really don't know if it's really from Cowon or not, or even if it's real, if it is the final version. or not.

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #102 of 380

Quote:
hmm, a picture? 

I don't know if it is real or fake(but I guess it is), what do you guys think?

Nice find, kind of looks authentic. I am still not 100% sure. The UI looks like Win mobile 7. What do you think? Reminds me on Zune HD.

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #103 of 380
[size=x-small]Hmmm… Well the design of the unit and the graphic itstelf is in line with Cowon… but the font on the menu list and the style of the menu list looks very like the zune hd UI … doesn't mean cowon didn't just rip them off as it is a nice design, but does also lend weight to the idea it is a fake. Let's wait and see. If it is real, it looks nice.[/size]

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #104 of 380
No matter how it looks.... I hope it has a LO. What do you think? Will we get a line out, that we can use with portable amps?

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #105 of 380
We'll see when it comes out. If I find my Hifiman player disappointing(I really hope this doesn't happen) and if it has a LO, maybe I'll go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back