Cowon X7 this summer!
Oct 7, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #106 of 380
Since that was a key feature of the predecessor I would be surprised if it didn't. I hope that it does not share the reported awfulness of that line out with the predecessor too.

Worth remembering though, that the value of the LO on the ipod is only really due to the awfulness of the hp out on said device.

HP out to portable amplier line in is perfectly good on most daps anyway. The clip has no lineout, neither does the S9 or any number of reputable DAPS used by many with portable headphone amps.

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #107 of 380

Quote:
[size=x-small]Hmmm… Well the design of the unit and the graphic itstelf is in line with Cowon… but the font on the menu list and the style of the menu list looks very like the zune hd UI … doesn't mean cowon didn't just rip them off as it is a nice design, but does also lend weight to the idea it is a fake. Let's wait and see. If it is real, it looks nice.[/size]

IMHO ABI fake picture is nicer:

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #108 of 380
We'll see when it comes out.

I found the source of the picture :
http://product.cowon.com/images/menu/product_banner_x7.jpg

Well, Cowon blocked the access now(It's working again), but it is confirmed(unless the people at the forum are lying) that this picture actually is from the Cowon server. I've found out that people usually try to access the pictures before they are released using

http://product.cowon.com/images/menu/product_banner_X#.jpg 

this URL, and sometimes(like now) it works. 

Now the only question is if this picture is a prototype or not. 

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #109 of 380
Seriously, you think that fake is better? I think it looks terrible.

Sounds like the above pic is real if it did come from a Cowon server... yeah could be a prototype but I doubt it, certainly is in the modern cowon school of looks.... kind of odd of them to so blantantly rip off the zune hd ui, but then it is a very nice UI so what the hey....

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #110 of 380
First Image
gs1000.gif

http://www.journaldugeek.com/2010/10/07/cowon-x7/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LeJournalDuGeek+%28le+Journal+du+Geek%29&utm_content=Twitter

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #111 of 380
[size=x-small]Going forward with the assumption that these photos are real - I really like the design. Hope it comes in black.[/size]

[size=x-small]Also like the UI - even if it is decidedly rip-off-ish of microsoft. I am a big fan of simple list style interfaces and use the J3 list menu on my S9 already.[/size]

[size=x-small]I really, really hope this is good. Would be perfect for an office rig...[/size]

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #112 of 380
Very exciting if real. I recently returned a Zune HD 32GB after some consideration. Loved the UI and everything about it really, but realized that a HDD player would be more suitable for my needs. I have heard many good things about Cowon's products, but was disappointed that the best UIs for Cowon products came from the hard working customer community that created them, rather than the company itself.

I have no problem with the way it looks, even though it is quite clearly a ZHD ripoff. I hope this means that the product is close to final production status. Looking forward to more news about it.

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #113 of 380
Me likey, and Cowon does great w/touch UI's. My J3 is a perfect example, as it's a great blend of touch & tactile.

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #114 of 380
http://www.betanews.net/article/508287?ad=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter There is another picture in the link.
this link : http://product.cowon.com/images/menu/product_banner_x7.jpg is now working again.

inside the () is what I think, and is not from the original text.

Cowon is going to release a new high capacity MP3 player 'Cowon X7' at the 14th.
'Cowon X7'is a HDD type MP3 player which has a maximum capacity of 160GB, so you can store many contents such as music, movies, multi-episode TV shows, lectures, pictures, etc.
Battery life is music 103 hours(wow), video 10 hours, and it has a 4.3inch wide touch screen(it's too big!). Supports DivX, so you can play movies, documentaries, TV shows, or lectures without the hassle of converting the videos.(it doesn't say it supports H.264)
Smart Widget UI is applied, and the user can switch backgrounds.(says nothing about the UI itself becoming customizable)
For the sound effects, it has the BBE+ sound enhancer, the EQ filter, and the Reverb effect.
It contains YBMSisa e4u E-K, K-E dictionary, a vocabulary study-aid called Wordup(I suppose worldwide version doesn't have these), has Bluetooth, FM Radio, Voice Recorder, TV-Out.

The CEO Park Nam-Gyu said "The 'Cowon X7' we are going to release has a big, wide screen and has plenty of storage space, so it would be a new standard for MP3 players. It has the multimedia playing capabilities of a full sized PMP(it is full sized anyway) so it would be popular among many ordinary customers as well as students, and it is going to lead the premium MP3 market of the second half of the year."

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #116 of 380
It's just too big, but the music playing time is also the longest I've ever seen. 

The forums here are bursting with disappointment. 

No LO btw, just LI for recording.

Maybe I'll buy one, maybe not.

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #119 of 380
Hmmm maybe a little big but that battery life is fecking huge! Hope it sounds great!
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #120 of 380
212gm, OMG. It is clearly not portable, just another HDD-based PMP...

Quote:
that battery life is fecking huge

They say in specs that it features hybrid storage, HDD+flash... 103 hours of battery life is probably for playback from flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back