Cowon S9 - Only the best - With Pictures and Videos!!
Dec 14, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #31 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostPhil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No WiFi doesn't bother me in the slightest and I don't know why all of a sudden it's a key feature...?

As a potential iPod Touch competitor, it would have needed it. But, I'm assuming Cowon wasn't planning on marketing it that way.

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #32 of 136
Actually, I take back most of what I said about WiFi, I've just seen a good post on anythingbutipod's forums with reasons why someone likes WiFi, internet browsing not being one of them. So I can see the use now but I'd still like to see justification rather than "it hasn't got WiFi, therefore it's useless".

Quote:

Originally Posted by roebeet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a potential iPod Touch competitor, it would have needed it. But, I'm assuming Cowon wasn't planning on marketing it that way.

Why put in a feature just because a competitor has done without any thought into why they need it? I hope you see where I'm coming from.

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #33 of 136
Having wifi without a good browser and the ability to actually connect to hot spots is useless. Wifi is overrated, especially for an audio player. Unlike Apple/Microsoft, Cowon doesn't have the infrastructure to provide services that could use the wifi connection.

Dec 15, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #34 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPod Touch interface

Looks more like a Samsung Instinct interface.

I like its look but I have such bad tagging issues with Cowon vs Sansa or Creative.

As for wifi... I'll enjoy my battery life on my DAPs and leave wifi to my n800 for on the go.

pink

Dec 15, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #35 of 136
Well, I'm not sure about this player. I'm pleasantly surprised that its coming out so soon (Advancedmp3players.co.uk should have it in stock and available by 19/12/08!). However, I will give it some time and see how it's recieved before I consider purchase. Also, the 32 GB version is not available until Febuary I believe so waiting seems even more sensible. Still, very much looking forward to ppl's impressions on this highly anticipated player!

Does that take this sub-strata of DAPs, that aren't quite full-on PMP's, to:

Apple iTouch 2G
Cowon S9
New Sony Touchcreen model (In some stage of design and production)
Samsung YP-P3 (In some stage of design and production)
Archos models maybe

Any others?

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #38 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waveblade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon ships S9 PMP to US soil - Engadget

Cowon S9 to be released the 19th of December

DUDE I GOTTA GET THIS

i want to get it just to see that glorious screen.

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #39 of 136
i think i just peed my pants. this thing is one sweet piece of hardware. although, wifi and 32gb would have been nice. i have heard rumors they will introduce a 32gb down the road, which would be prudent because the s9 doesn't have the expansion capabilities (SD card) that the d2 had.

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #40 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think i just peed my pants. this thing is one sweet piece of hardware. although, wifi and 32gb would have been nice. i have heard rumors they will introduce a 32gb down the road, which would be prudent because the s9 doesn't have the expansion capabilities (SD card) that the d2 had.

Yeah, they confirmed that they'll be making a 32 gig version around febuary.

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #42 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope Cowon wakes up and implements gapless playback. I'm not buying one of these unless it has gapless. And I want one so bad.

I hope so too, but it will never happen. Gapless was only important when the iPod did not support it. Now that it does, gapless is not important anymore. Even Sony dropped gapless capability (their NW-S70x series can play AAC gaplessly, but none of the NWZ series do). Proper playback of music is the least important feature people look for.

Dec 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #43 of 136
The S9 is available in the US at Jetmall.
I don't know when it'll get to other merchants like Newegg. I think I'll have to wait until Feb for the 32GB.

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #44 of 136
Too bad Jetmall charges tax in California
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back