Cowon S9 - Only the best - With Pictures and Videos!!
Dec 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #62 of 136
Clearly it has different goals in mind than Apple's offering. Even if they did add wifi on the S9, what benefit would that be if they didn't add any offering on top, like a browser/games/apps etc (and i don't think they have the competitive edge here)

Dec 20, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #64 of 136
Arrrrg. I really want this thing but I really don't need another MP3 player. Since the price is not too bad, I may buy this as a present for my sister. That way I'll be able to play with it a little.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #66 of 136
really good, but the lack of an expansion slot ruins the deal.

and I do prefer the cowon sound over Sony and the file support is extensive.

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #67 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif
A cowon player can play whatever Sony players can (MP3, WMA, WAV). Do Sony players support FLAC, ogg, ape?

Well Sony does support AAC, but I agree that Sony file support is lacking a great deal and it is behind like 5 years. I really do not care about MP3, WMA, or AAC. WAV is good, but takes too much space. So the Sony offerings are pretty useless for me.

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #68 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really good, but the lack of an expansion slot ruins the deal.

and I do prefer the cowon sound over Sony and the file support is extensive.

I'm really scratching my head as to why Cowon didn't include an SDHC slot.

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #69 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really scratching my head as to why Cowon didn't include an SDHC slot.

Two words, battery life.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #70 of 136
Amen. These beauty can do 55hrs..i'd say 2 days straight at least. Thanks god no wifi, that would kill the battery life.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #71 of 136
Hopefully someone here will have one in hand soon. I hope it sucks so I can save some cash.
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #73 of 136
Cowon never produced a below average product so I'm sure this won't disappoint either.

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #74 of 136
Well a lot seem to be holding back from puchasing, my ipod was having random hangups so i thought what better time.

The most impressive thing is the screen quality, video is just stunning, you can tell it's using a next gen led screen.

Audio despite being a five band eq is very adjustable, the freq width and level can be controlled plus bbe+ and jet audio settings on top of that.

There are minor gripes but like ive said they're minor, coverflow can be laggy but apparently cowon are working on it.

Works great with ue 5's i can imagine shure's will love it as it has great power for bass.

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #75 of 136
I have two questions. One is, do they have the tag based interface or conventional folder based? And second, do they have on-the-fly playlist feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back