Cowon Plenue R2
Dec 16, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #211 of 296
I have the Plenue 2 mk2 and love the jet effect7 system and the overall sound quality of Cowon daps.
Looking at getting The R2 for a portable for Bluetooth at the gym , should have grabbed one for
$ 479 on Amazon a couple of months ago. Now it's up to $548...anybody know of a better price or have one for sale ? Thanks!

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #212 of 296
I have the Plenue 2 mk2 and love the jet effect7 system and the overall sound quality of Cowon daps.
Looking at getting The R2 for a portable for Bluetooth at the gym , should have grabbed one for
$ 479 on Amazon a couple of months ago. Now it's up to $548...anybody know of a better price or have one for sale ? Thanks!

I paid about $530 USD equivalent, and that seemed like about the best price I could find being from Australia.

The R2 prob won't sound any better than P2 mkii, although the R2 does measure significantly better with SNR and Stereo Crosstalk. But I understand the need for Bluetooth.

To be honest, I've been comparing all DAPs in even the high end price range, currently the R2 measures far better in SNR and Stereo crosstalk on balanced than anything out there including Astell and Kern end game DAPs.

SNR 130dB unbalance / 136dB balance

Stereo Crosstalk -128dB unbalance / -148 balance

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #213 of 296
I own both the P2 Mk2 and the R2, but the bluetooth on the latter is not impressing. There are better options out there if BT is the primary concern.

Dec 19, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #214 of 296
I continually check the amazon Cowon R2 listing and lucked out last night----they had a brand new one listed for $ 449 so I snatched it up.
With the amazon free return policy I can return it if I do not like it so it was a no brainer. I also get 5% back on my amazon prime credit card account so--------done deal.
The jet sound store is so crazy--they lower the pricing randomly and if you constantly check on amazon or ebay--you can get items for serious discounts --just gotta catch them at the right time. The $ 449 has been the lowest price I have seen so far--$ 479 was on ebay and amazon jet sound listings before....strange marketing .😜😁😉😃😃

Dec 19, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #215 of 296
I continually check the amazon Cowon R2 listing and lucked out last night----they had a brand new one listed for $ 449 so I snatched it up.
With the amazon free return policy I can return it if I do not like it so it was a no brainer. I also get 5% back on my amazon prime credit card account so--------done deal.
The jet sound store is so crazy--they lower the pricing randomly and if you constantly check on amazon or ebay--you can get items for serious discounts --just gotta catch them at the right time. The $ 449 has been the lowest price I have seen so far--$ 479 was on ebay and amazon jet sound listings before....strange marketing .😜😁😉😃😃

Nice catch. Those Plenue 2 for 300$ and Plenue 2 mk2 for 400$ sales a couple of months back were the best i've seen on DAP's.

Dec 21, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #217 of 296
Congrats man.

I'm finding this player really special, the battery life, the build quality, but most of all the sound it's giving me. Probably my favorite sounding Plenue except for the L which I can't comment on since I haven't heard it.

It sounds a little like the ibasso DX160 but with a quieter noise floor, better build quality and battery life.

The AK SR25 has the build quality and battery life, but once again has a higher noise floor and in this case, subjectively worse sound than the R2

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #218 of 296
The AK SR25 is another on my wish list. I have the ak 120 ii that I bought in 2017 for $ 1100 brand new and have a hard time justifying selling it .

The R2 should be here Weds--so I look forward to reporting back------
Last night I was listening to my Plenue 2 mk2----still my favorite DAP--Cowon definitely makes a quality product and the jet effect 7 is my favorite EQ system.
You like the R2 sound better than the P2mk2? If sounds as good I will be very happy!

Dec 21, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #219 of 296
UPDATE----
Just went onto the Amazon site and the Cowon Plenue R2 was $ 398 brand new with $ 150 instant coupon ! --so I cancelled my first order--
with my 5% cash back amazon card its under $ 400 brand new-----timing is everything. Went back to site and the offer is gone--I grabbed the only one----😜

The crazyness is back!
Screenshot_6.png

Dec 21, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #220 of 296
Crazy Cowon----Plenue P2 mk2 is $ 559---$594.50 with tax---right now. I bought mine for $699 in May from Cowon thinking it was a great deal----
I really do not understand theses guys1 LOL--I constantly check the amazon site and now wait for the lowering of the pricing----
Would like to get the Plenue L one day---maybe they will get real silly and lower the price on that to some absurd level----😜 It is $ 500 off now with coupon--still almost $ 1500 USD

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #221 of 296
Crazy Cowon----Plenue P2 mk2 is $ 559---$594.50 with tax---right now. I bought mine for $699 in May from Cowon thinking it was a great deal----
I really do not understand theses guys1 LOL--I constantly check the amazon site and now wait for the lowering of the pricing----
Would like to get the Plenue L one day---maybe they will get real silly and lower the price on that to some absurd level----😜 It is $ 500 off now with coupon--still almost $ 1500 USD

They seem to usually do pretty heavy discounts after two years or so - semi-routine inventory purge maybe? Still somewhat regret not getting PM2 before they went out of stock last year (seems to be last of the large single end DAP they've done). I think they've already announced Plenue D3 so hopefully this is not bad tidings for future DAPs.

Dec 21, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #223 of 296
Got the Plenue R for $239. At that price it was too hard to pass up since I'll be pairing with my KSE1200.

Dec 21, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #224 of 296

The lowest i've seen the Plenue L on amazon were 1099$, so, keep checking, maybe they get there again soon.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #225 of 296
They seem to usually do pretty heavy discounts after two years or so - semi-routine inventory purge maybe? Still somewhat regret not getting PM2 before they went out of stock last year (seems to be last of the large single end DAP they've done). I think they've already announced Plenue D3 so hopefully this is not bad tidings for future DAPs.

They also "purge" the Plenue S for 700$, in 2018 i think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back