Cowon Plenue P1
Nov 1, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #811 of 2,974
Burr Brown is very analogue sounding. The Burr Brown 1792 I also have in my Olive 06HD. But also the individual focus of instruments and voices is first class. The dynamic range is awesome as well. My Olive 06HD has a dynamic range of 132db. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #814 of 2,974
I do consulting in sound&vision. I am working over 16 years in the world of better sound&vision now. These days my focus is only on 3 dimensional sound. This means I only sell equipment what can create a deep and wide stage. When you use the settings of Jetsound to the max you create a wider and deeper stage than any other small player can. This is priceless, I am only interested in Cowon based on the analogue sound and creating the best 3D stage. That is why the rest I really don't care! 3D sound is the most thrilling part in highend audio. When you can create more freedom around your head this is what you want. Cowon was the first brand what gave me this big stage I always dreamed of. I am looking forward to get the P1 soon. 

There is one thing I want to say about high ref recordings. HDtracks is what I call budget track or inferiortracks. I buy for about 300 euro for streaming music each month. I also have a Qobuz account. When I compare the same recordings of HDtracks and Qobuz there is a big difference in endresult. What the F do they do with the recordings. Qobus is superior in the endresult. I am a perfectionist and only the best matters. The recordings of Qobuz are more dynamic, better overal sound and more authority as well. Compare it yourself!!

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #815 of 2,974
In the past I bought many recordings on sacd and dvd-a for my work. In all cases the dvd-a outperformed the dsd recordings. One of my best friends had a concertroom with a Steinway wing. Here I leared how small and direct instruments and voices are in proportion. I call it; individual focus or intimate sound. When you compare the same recordings on dsd against 24 bit pcm you hear how much better the individual focus is of instruments and voices with pcm. I will soon do some test again, but I can't imagine that I will prefer dsd this time!!

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #816 of 2,974
Does P1 play DSD properly ? I know it doesn't have Native DSD.DAC supports DSD right ?

When DSD playing how is UI ? 

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #818 of 2,974
I just read that the new firmware for the P1 also allows DSD native!! 
L3000.gif

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #819 of 2,974
  Yes it can, but till 128 max. With the A&K you can also go till native. 

Does it work fastly like AK240 ? Or is it lugging when DSD playing ?

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #821 of 2,974
  I have done a lot of research the last few weeks. I think the P1 is the one you want and need. I will order it next week!!

No,I will not buy it.I'm just asking.Thanks for answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back