Cowon Plenue P1
Mar 31, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #107 of 2,974
It seems I was right, unfortunately. The highly anticipated new offering from Cowon, the Plenue 1 is nothing but a joke. The hoaxers were playing an early April fools joke . The company instead is being put under administrative shutdown by Korea's regulators. The problem cited due to massive debts incurred by the company, it had no recourse other than put the company to rest. Cowon's share price took a massive drop on the news.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #108 of 2,974
It seems I was right, unfortunately. The highly anticipated new offering from Cowon, the Plenue 1 is nothing but a joke. The hoaxers were playing an early April fools joke . The company instead is being put under administrative shutdown by Korea's regulators. The problem cited due to massive debts incurred by the company, it had no recourse other than put the company to rest. Cowon's share price took a massive drop on the news.

Or is your statement itself an April's fool joke :p

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #109 of 2,974

Or is your statement itself an April's fool joke
tongue.gif

lol I got seriously scared there

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #111 of 2,974

Are you sure in what are you saying?
Your sources?
Hope it's not true..

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #116 of 2,974
Wiht 128 Gb + MicroSD, it will be perfect source for a HUGO !   Let's hope it will exist, and also that will be able to access Google store + WIfi.... so that we can stream Internet radio & Qobuz on it.

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #117 of 2,974
  Wiht 128 Gb + MicroSD, it will be perfect source for a HUGO !   Let's hope it will exist, and also that will be able to access Google store + WIfi.... so that we can stream Internet radio & Qobuz on it.

I really can't believe people still asking for useless google play store and wifi in a high end dap. Go get a smartphone for these things.

If ever high end dap producers start putting wifi and other things in their daps, it will just help increasing their price. I can't understand how people value wifi in daps like that.

Does HM901 has wi fi? DX100/R10 had wi fi, how many people used it really? People even complain that it is useless and waste of space in the dap, as an implementation on the board.

On the other hand, I also like the P1 so far, capacity is acceptable, nice design, it has digital out too. So pretty good in my view.

Apr 19, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #119 of 2,974
Android can be used as an open software platform that won't crush the player every other minute.

If they bring a nice player as a default, who needs poweramp and things.I prefer Cowon to bring a nicely done player not need something extra to work good after getting it. As for streaming, completely useless to me and I really don't see the point of it. Call me oldschool if you want.

Apr 19, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #120 of 2,974
  People want google play so they can install poweramp and neutron. They also want to stream using wifi. Not much point using android if you're going to cut out all the useful features. 

Agree.  I just tested streaming High-RES from Qobuz into HUGO, and I was amazed by the quality.  Could'n tell the difference with the same file downloaded on the DAP.  

So... Wifi Streaming can be VERY FUN & USEFULL: it open doors to unlimited Music and the joy to discover new music everyday  (Qobuz has everyday the "playlist of the day").

Users who are viewing this thread

Back