Cowon Plenue M
Feb 3, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #151 of 203
How about a M+ ? Like 128 internal gigs, two memory card slots, 75 hr battery life, dual dac !

You certainly haven't followed Cowon's history since the 90s...
They have NEVER EVER upgraded any of their DAPs at no cost, and don't allow strong discounts when they renew their products.
Want an upgrade? The Plenue 1 has always been the guest star while the M was its DOWNGRADE.

They were already selling DAPs with 8/16/32Gb internal memory and very similar features 10 years ago (perfectly inegrated microsd, gapless playing even with mp3 files, amazing eq, awesome autonomy). They have stopped being at the forefront of DAP evolution for a big, big while (actually since after the J3).

Lately, they've done nothing else thanboarding the A&K milking cow train by introducing "luxury" DAPs providing very few actual evolution over their previous DAPs (at immensely inflated pricetags). Plenue DAPs in all their "glory"...
Not forgetting that they provide the same (absence of) service as A&K. Just try to get you Cowon DAP repaired outside Korea, it's an adventure!

Plenue S comes around to confirm this "new" policy: how to provide very little "more" for twice the price of Plenue 1.
Can't wait for their 4000$ DAP, AK380-style! Maybe we'll get 256Gb and support of ultra-super-mega-ultra hi-res music (20Gb per album, it will be so much better, please trust manufacturers).

Just wish they could actually sell actual new features and better specs, not just "subjective" sound quality and gimmicks.

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #152 of 203
  Just try to get you Cowon DAP repaired outside Korea, it's an adventure!

Actually, it's very easy to get a Cowon repaired outside of Korea, Though given the price of the battery replacement for the J3, if my J3 ever needs a new battery or even some sort of repair, I'd be better off getting a Fiio M3. The M3 is £49 while a battery replacement for the J3 is £47.

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/info/Cowon_UK_Repair_Centre.57.html

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #153 of 203

Actually, it's very easy to get a Cowon repaired outside of Korea, Though given the price of the battery replacement for the J3, if my J3 ever needs a new battery or even some sort of repair, I'd be better off getting a Fiio M3. The M3 is £49 while a battery replacement for the J3 is £47.

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/info/Cowon_UK_Repair_Centre.57.html

This seems to be a independant initiative from AMP3, which is good to hear, but it's still outrageous that Cowon doesn't provide any more support than this.

And luckily for you it's in the UK, but continental Europe is not so fortunate, and currently shipping from the UK to EU is completely broken unless you use a private transporter. I had goods taking 3 weeks to reach me from the UK recently (as long as from China...) and some others simply lost (in postmen pockets without a doubt).
Wouldn't take the risk since DAPs and IEMs (and all small electronics) seem to be the favorite "meal" of corrupted postmen. Strangely enough they're less interested in books...

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #155 of 203
is this for real,better than 120II?

and i read there is no big different about sq with p1,can someone explain it?

thanks
sorry for bad english
Both the P1 and M are great. I went with the M due to being a tad smaller in size.

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #157 of 203
I have Plenue M and AK100II. AK100II compared to M sound lifeless. No matter what you do with it EQ or not, in my opinion is no match for Cowon.
I agree, and the AKs eq is not good.

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #159 of 203

This is slightly off-topic, but, since you happened to mention £47 to replace J3 battery:

www.head-fi.org/t/484334/cowon-j3-impressions-thread/3120#post_11206193

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #160 of 203
Hi, I just joined and need some serious help on my Plenue M PLEASE! I bought it from eBay and I have the following problems with it:

1) It keeps heating up! Anyone else have this problem?

2) I had the volume LITERALLY on ONE and it died within 3-3.5 hours, does anybody else's do this???

3) Sometimes the side buttons don't function, anybody else have this problem??

4) It won't let me click on the "format internal memory" in the settings option, anyone else have this problem??

5) And finally, since the battery kept dying really fast, 1st bar dies within 45mins whaaaatttt???!!! So I formatted it to exFAT and then FAT32 and all the default folders have gone (I thought they would come back like the previous Cowon players after format but they didn't :/) and when I copy and paste a song nothing comes up on the player, it keeps saying it's empty?? And it keeps bringing up the select language every time I put it on :-S.

Can somebody HELP ME PLEASE! AM GOING CRAZY HERE! LOL.

Kind Regards

Fes

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #162 of 203
Well, when I say "hot" i mean like slightly-moderate warm. What about the battery life, how is yours? Also, my number 4 point, it also says "0/0gb" on the player itself and when it is in the PC it says "58gb" free. Any help??

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #163 of 203
Nevermind, I have fixed it now lol. I thought the "format" option via the dap itself you just had to click but you had to keep hold of it  for 5 secs lol.
Just one question.. How long did it used to last for you? Because I LITERALLY had it on volume 1 and within 3-3.5 hours it died :-/. I been listening to mp3s.

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #164 of 203
Nevermind, I have fixed it now lol. I thought the "format" option via the dap itself you just had to click but you had to keep hold of it  for 5 secs lol.

Just one question.. How long did it used to last for you? Because I LITERALLY had it on volume 1 and within 3-3.5 hours it died :-/. I been listening to mp3s.
it doesnt have a great battery life but it does sounds very good.7 hrs for sure.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #165 of 203
Yeah its supposed to have 10hours but mine only last 3-3.5 hours :-/. And it gets VERY hot. I had the display ON BUT on brightness 3 but it still shouldn't die THAT quick??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back