Cowon Plenue M
Mar 13, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #167 of 203
Yeah its supposed to have 10hours but mine only last 3-3.5 hours :-/. And it gets VERY hot. I had the display ON BUT on brightness 3 but it still shouldn't die THAT quick??
3 hrs and it turned off?

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #170 of 203
Mar 13, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #171 of 203
I read that contacting Cowon takes forever and you go round in cirlces and they don't respond. I'm just going to message him and get my money back, I have been "listening testing" it and always gets VERY hot and dies within 3-3.5 hours. The 1st bar of the battery dies within 45mins :-/. Man, I got happy thinking I got a bargain at £400. Well, I will update once something happens with the guy. Thanks for your help everybody, appreciate it :).

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #173 of 203
I read that contacting Cowon takes forever and you go round in cirlces and they don't respond. I'm just going to message him and get my money back, I have been "listening testing" it and always gets VERY hot and dies within 3-3.5 hours. The 1st bar of the battery dies within 45mins :-/. Man, I got happy thinking I got a bargain at £400. Well, I will update once something happens with the guy. Thanks for your help everybody, appreciate it :).

Must be defective. Battery life is pretty bad (8hrs for me playing flac) but you should have more than 3.mine gets warm but not hot.

I may open mine up and see if I can stuff a larger capacity batter inside.

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #174 of 203
That's what I'm taking it as. I have sent the guy a message through eBay, so now i'm waiting for his reply. Exactly, I mean it's not my 1st Cowon player so i know what they are like. Hm, definitely defective then.It gets really hot like a Sony Z5 Premium phone when using 4k recording or gaming on any smart phone. Ooh, if you succeed with that, let me know on here or PM me because I want to know how you do it etc and then I will do it to mine too. If you live in the UK like me and not that far from me, I can bring it to you too, so if you don't mind me asking where are you from? Because a longer battery would be MUCH better.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #175 of 203
  That's what I'm taking it as. I have sent the guy a message through eBay, so now i'm waiting for his reply. Exactly, I mean it's not my 1st Cowon player so i know what they are like. Hm, definitely defective then.It gets really hot like a Sony Z5 Premium phone when using 4k recording or gaming on any smart phone. Ooh, if you succeed with that, let me know on here or PM me because I want to know how you do it etc and then I will do it to mine too. If you live in the UK like me and not that far from me, I can bring it to you too, so if you don't mind me asking where are you from? Because a longer battery would be MUCH better.

Cool, well eBay usually provide good protection (esp. through paypal). Yeah that's weird, it shouldn't get that hot. I will PM you. Some time ago I replaced my C2 battery for a larger version, I think an extra 300mAh. Hopefully there's room in the M for that but i'll have to see. Really I don't want to open it before the battery starts to drop off and it's out of warranty, but may check soon. Cowon's latest offerings are fairly simple to open (Plenue D for example).

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #176 of 203
True, so far he hasn't replied back. He is on here too and I talked to him about a few problems but I'm giving him a few days to reply on eBay. Exactly, really annoying. Alright, thanks :). Ohhh, nice! M2? Don't you mean the M? If you DO mean the M2, that's long enough, 90hours lol. Good point, OK. That's true but am not THAT advanced in components so best if I leave it alone lol. I will check the PM now.

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #177 of 203
Been using the Cowon Plenue M for about 4 months now, pretty happy with the purchase, it's my first ever DAP with a pricetag above 200$/Euros.
Overall I would recommend the purchase if you're looking for a J3 upgrade, are satisfied with the cowon style and have the money to spare.
Some smallish caveats I would like to underline:

> Battery life kinda short (around 8 hours playing flacs/wavs with BBE on and volume at 80/85, headphone mode).
> Bare bones interface and lack of features (no radio, no video, no recorder...).

I'm quite happy with:

> BBE effects/Eq
> Amp section (my Sennheisers HD25 II really got a lot better compared with the J3)
> Lossless support, Cuesheets/Lyrics support.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #178 of 203
Hello there, Im selling my Pleneu M. Since Im usuing the PD on the go and my P1 is older and I can use it at home, I feel its best to let the M go to someone who will put it to use. The Pleney M is basically new and it cones with it leather case which is unused so both are in perfect condition. $560 and I pay shipping and PP fee.

May 9, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #180 of 203
I came from the Plenue D thread here to ask. I like the D a lot. I like more EQ features and more clarity that I hear about in the higher models. I can't decide on the M or P1. What is the major difference in sound between these two? I read the M is a downgrade? I know all the other features but outside of that I can't decide why the M exists with more features and better battery life over the P1 if it's a downgrade? I see the M has more user savable settings also which is nice also. I also like the onkyo dp-x1, and X7 from what I read but they seem riddled with problems. Any advise?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back