Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Oct 6, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #826 of 1,024
I charged the Cowon plenue 2 yesterday by usb from Pc
turn off the Plenue 2 before going to sleep still full charge
when i turn it on 12 hours later it wont turn on battery completely depleted,now contacted the shop

Oct 6, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #827 of 1,024
Very strange from a brand new unit. Usb pc port gives very low current, are you sure it was fully charged? I would try a different charger, check power management settings, play with earphones attached and see running time

Oct 7, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #828 of 1,024
Charged it again now, battery now lasted longer could be since is first time i charged it.
i had a listen to plenue 2 now and is fabolous best player i had.
Got cherry red leather case on and it look futuristic pretty.
my only concern now is the EQ multi knot wheel, it make a creak sound when turing the wheel
while the volume wheel only make the normal click sound.
could anyone check if there multi wheel make this creak sound, are this supose to be like this.
As for the charger i will get a faster 2A charger later.

Please could you tell me where i find power management settings, you mean in plenue 2 where?

Plenue2 Is a wonderful player

Oct 7, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #829 of 1,024
Charged it again now, battery now lasted longer could be since is first time i charged it.
my only concern now is the EQ multi knot wheel, it make a creak sound when turing the wheel
could anyone check if there multi wheel make this creak sound, are this supose to be like this.

Please could you tell me where i find power management settings, you mean in plenue 2 where?

Sounds like a bad case of OCD.

Oct 7, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #830 of 1,024

My 2 wheels feel & sound almost the same, the main volume wheel is slightly stiffer. No creak.

I don't think there is any power settings apart from the screen brightness?

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #832 of 1,024
You're correct, Settings has a Timer setting which has sleep timer, auto-off & auto display-off. Settings, Display has the brightness level.

To get to settings, go to a play screen (tap play icon), ten tap the star type icon, then click the spanner icon.

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #833 of 1,024
I got this answer back from Cowon Korea about the multi wheel problem
the answer below
As of the sound of second wheel is not normal
making me think of a coil spring problem in the wheel
F1AoyqA.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #834 of 1,024
To set the Plenue 2 (& 2.2) into non-eu mode, delete (or rename) the file user_setting.cfg in the system folder. The next time it turns on, it will ask for language & whether you are in the eu. A few settings will reset, but no big problem.

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #835 of 1,024
Thanks Goft for the help

This is a video i Made of the problem i have with left wheel of Plenue 2, purchased one week ago.
it make creeking sound, it also got a bit stuck then moved.
If i change it i get a new one, is there a way to fix it without returning it

watch

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #836 of 1,024
Hello, does anybody know about the upcoming TOTL Cowons dap ? What is ot called, specs ? Thanks.

Oct 16, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #838 of 1,024
Looked but nothing on it. Suppose to come to market next month.

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #839 of 1,024

Users who are viewing this thread

Back