Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Dec 21, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #721 of 1,024
Cowons are great but their totl daps battery are average.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #722 of 1,024
i just purchased my P2 been using it for 2 days. all i have to say is smooth, and delicate sound detail. i have no regret to sell my AK70 MK II to go for P2.
The only thing i don't like is the battery indication, it is analog, can't tell much battery remain.
my wife compared my p2 with her wm1a, she was surprised as well.
Nice report! Glad you're enjoying the P2.

Cowons are great but their totl daps battery are average.
Yes, battery life isn't its strong suit. This is acceptable to me though, given the calibre of the DAC and Amp combo. AKM's flagship hi-fi DAC is in this thing, after all.

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #723 of 1,024
i was wondering if P2 has a low battery protection feature, seems not found in manual.

Dec 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #724 of 1,024
My P2 is finally being sent back to America next week. I have been without it for 3 months. I can’t wait to get it back, I have missed it. I bought an Ibasso dx200 to hold me over, great sound but I still miss the P2. Merry Christmas everyone. God bless!

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #725 of 1,024
I am finally getting my P2 back soon. Even though I dropped the unit and broke the multi knob, I only had to pay for shipping, $49.00. I will take that anytime. Things always didn’t go smooth, with time and communication, but in the end I believe they did more than they had to on this one. Thanks Cowon! I can’t wait to get it and compare it with the DX200. It feels like I am getting a new toy again.

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #726 of 1,024
It seems like I am talking to myself here. Haha. Well Cowon went above and beyond for me. I finally received my P2 today! To my surprise when I opened my package I found a brand new P2! I am so happy right now, I am listening to Pink Floyd. I can’t wait to burn this new one in and compare it to the DX200. I feel whole again. Haha

Jan 13, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #727 of 1,024
It seems like I am talking to myself here. Haha. Well Cowon went above and beyond for me. I finally received my P2 today! To my surprise when I opened my package I found a brand new P2! I am so happy right now, I am listening to Pink Floyd. I can’t wait to burn this new one in and compare it to the DX200. I feel whole again. Haha

Enjoy your new P2. I've been using mine for more than a month now, and I'm really satisfied with it. At first I tried to play with user defined EQ settings, but in User1 mode e.g. with all settings to default, BBE etc. everything on off, there was a harsh sibilance with my K3003i. I could soften this with EQ settings, but in user defined EQ as well as factory EQs I found that it's really not worth. If you have a good IEM or headphone, it's just better to listen to it in Normal mode. (Sibilance went away e.g.) With EQ it's like you give something with one hand and take away some other something with the other. For me it's not worth it.

I had a chance to meet friends where we listened to each others IEMs and DAPs, so I could compare it to P1. The P1 is also a really great player, sonically the P1 is more 'tube-like' sound, very warm, very musical, but for me the P2 has more details. Not that the P2 is too bright or analytical, not at all, it's more detailed but still very musical player.

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #730 of 1,024
Hello... Plenue 2 Mk II - higher voltage balanced out, same Jupiter Gold color as available in Plenue J:
http://cowonglobal.com/product_wide/PLENUE2/product_page_6.php

http://cowonglobal.com/product_wide/PLENUE2/images/spec.jpg

Additional changes from the specs:

Double the interior memory of the Plenue 2, slightly improved crosstalk measurements, a bit more battery life, unfortunately higher output impedance (still quite low but will already slightly affect some of the ultra-diva-like IEMs' frequency response - pity they couldn't keep it as low as the 1st gen Plenue 2).

That included DIGNIS case, judged based on the photo on their site, looks amazing though.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #731 of 1,024
http://cowonglobal.com/product_wide/PLENUE2/images/spec.jpg

Additional changes from the specs:

Double the interior memory of the Plenue 2, slightly improved crosstalk measurements, a bit more battery life, unfortunately higher output impedance (still quite low but will already slightly affect some of the ultra-diva-like IEMs' frequency response - pity they couldn't keep it as low as the 1st gen Plenue 2).

That included DIGNIS case, judged based on the photo on their site, looks amazing though.
There was some criticism about the balanced output not being a full balanced circuit, maybe they improved that ?
I can't judge as I have only balanced cable for Togo334 and unbalanced (at the time) for Zeus.

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #732 of 1,024
There was some criticism about the balanced output not being a full balanced circuit, maybe they improved that ?

I'm quite sure it's still not a "real"/fully balanced circuit (as in dual-Mono from the DACs to the amps), however with the higher voltage output of the MkII, having the balanced output makes more sense (= higher volume with not-so-sensitive full-sized headphones) than on the first gen Plenue 2 where it really is mainly only useful for those who have 2.5 mm TRRS-terminated IEMs and don't want to use an adapter. Either way the P2 first gen is, in my opinion, a fantastic DAP with a perfect software implementation. I'm sure that the P2 MkII will be just as awesome, however I am a little disappointed that - according to the specs - they couldn't keep the first gen's low <1 Ohm output impedance on the MkII that is supposedly around 1.3 Ohms (as mentioned still very reasonably low, but for some low impedance multi-BA divas with a high impedance swing, this can already lead to slight tonal changes, and at this price point, I personally expect a DAP to be definitely below 1 Ohm).

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #733 of 1,024
Hello
Does someone know how to make a hard reset on the Plenue 2 ?
Mine just got stucked on the Plenue logo after turning on, and I didn't find a way to turn it off or make it restart...
Any help appreciated !

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #734 of 1,024
Hello
Does someone know how to make a hard reset on the Plenue 2 ?
Mine just got stucked on the Plenue logo after turning on, and I didn't find a way to turn it off or make it restart...
Any help appreciated !
Hi, have you tried pressing and holding play/pause button and FF for 6 sec? This combination resets the player

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #735 of 1,024
Hi, have you tried pressing and holding play/pause button and FF for 6 sec? This combination resets the player
Great !
I thought I had tried every combination... but not long enough.
Thank you very much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back