Cowon J3 Ringke Silicon or Noreve Leather
Jan 11, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #16 of 28
Hey Soulsyde , if you're into electronica/triphop(judging by yoyr royksopp listening) check out these 2 albums they are awesome
wink_face.gif

Archive - Londinium
Hooverphonic - A new stereophonic sound spectacular

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #17 of 28
anyone know where I can get one of those Rearth cases in UK or Europe?

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #18 of 28
Jan 11, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #19 of 28

cheers bud.  Best go with the exportive ones - the ebay ones look totally gay.
Quote:
google only provides these 2 links

http://www.exportprive.com/rearth-ringke-silicone-protection-case-cowon-charcoal-p-12974.html

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cowon-J3-Rearth-Ringke-Silicone-Cover-Case-Protection-/280606550332?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item415574293c
Quote:
anyone know where I can get one of those Rearth cases in UK or Europe?

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #20 of 28
Hey Ben

I also found this - located in France (or it may be just a french translation i am not sure , as the phone prefix is the same , +33)

12 euros

http://www.exportprive.fr/rearth-ringke-housse-protection-silicone-pour-cowon-anthracite-p-12974.html

and a nice small vid showcasing the case

http://vimeo.com/15933124

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #23 of 28
NICE color!  I have the sky blue, but I really want to get another one in a diff color since they are so decently priced.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #24 of 28

Quote:
NICE color!  I have the sky blue, but I really want to get another one in a diff color since they are so decently priced.

Thanks!  I think the red cover makes the J3 sound better!  You're right about the price though.  These cases are only $14.99 each and free shipping.  I ordered mine and had it in two days.  I should have ordered two or three, but I wanted to make sure they were nice before buying extras.

Nov 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #25 of 28
Reviving an old thread, but if people wanted to see the Noreve case in action, I have it!  I'm also the Trident who reviewed the screen protector on Amazon and it's on my J3 in these pictures, if you can see it. 

The price tag might be a bit steep for some of you ($50 shipped, with coupon code), but you can't beat this all leather case from Noreve.  This is hands down the best case I've ever owned for any device.

14n3bp.jpg

116q88j.jpg

24wvmup.jpg

xonul3.jpg

rwrriq.jpg

k50ldl.jpg

29az33q.jpg

2eoxgco.jpg

3505f5z.jpg

r8uhix.jpg

30tkwu9.jpg

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #26 of 28
Nice looking leather case, but I like the Ringke case because it fits like a glove, and because other than the screen and sliver at the bottom to access the charge port, it completely covers the J3, so almost zero dust/dirt/etc gets to the player.  Combine that with a Ringbo (or other) screen protector, and you have nearly 100% coverage and protection for your J3.  Gotta love all the color combo's although I stayed with opaque dark grey.  That red wine color really looks nice!

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #27 of 28
is there any case that has a built in IEM case/holder as well.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #28 of 28

Quote:
Nice looking leather case, but I like the Ringke case because it fits like a glove, and because other than the screen and sliver at the bottom to access the charge port, it completely covers the J3, so almost zero dust/dirt/etc gets to the player.  Combine that with a Ringbo (or other) screen protector, and you have nearly 100% coverage and protection for your J3.  Gotta love all the color combo's although I stayed with opaque dark grey.  That red wine color really looks nice!

I have a ringke case for my cell phone and don't like it very much.  Although it feels nice and looks good, it's so thin that I don't think it offers any protection if I drop it. 

I like the noreve case because when I don't need to see / touch the screen - even though I have a screen protector - I can get more protection by closing the flap and have a sealed off J3.  I've dropped this thing a couple of times and the leather case holds up nicely, absorbing the blow.  And I think the all leather looks sophisticated and sexy!

To each his own, I guess.  At least we can all (hopefully) agree that the J3 is a fantastic portable media player. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back