Cowon D3 Plenue. Review. With Photos.
Apr 15, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #301 of 479
don't the need to make a completely new UI, if they want to put in 2.3?

But if they real do, i would really consider buying it.

We shouldn't forget that that's only a rumour.....

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #304 of 479
@skoog

You should be putting the music folder directly to the root of your D3(in other words not in a Media folder). Mine works fine this way.

I would suggest downloading the programs you need and following a brief tutorial HERE. I strongly recommend using his device installer program. When you have followed all the steps, I will send you the guide I have made on the market hack itself. I will try and answer any questions you have.

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #305 of 479

Quote:
@skoog

You should be putting the music folder directly to the root of your D3(in other words not in a Media folder). Mine works fine this way.

I would suggest downloading the programs you need and following a brief tutorial HERE. I strongly recommend using his device installer program. When you have followed all the steps, I will send you the guide I have made on the market hack itself. I will try and answer any questions you have.

Okay thanks non I will try that.

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #307 of 479
Another review of the D3 didn't sound too complimentary.....

So much attention was focused on the D3's 3.7-inch AMOLED WVGA touchscreen, extensive codec support, 1080p video playback, Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, 32GB built-in storage plus microSD card slot, and sleek design when it was first unveiled that the processor was completely overlooked.
And that's pretty important on a device running Android 2.1 with a web browser and the ability to run all kinds of apps. It plays a big role in the system being/feeling slow and a bit stuttery, especially compared to what we've all come to expect from Android in 2011. Phrases like "silky smooth" or "buttery smooth" won't be used to describe the Cowon D3 unless the word "not" is in front of them.

Excerpt above from http://www.pocketables.net/2011/02/review-cowon-d3-plenue-android-pmp.html#more

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #309 of 479
I'm quite happy with the D3 as a video player with good sound quality for music, on top of its portability. As for an android, I could really care less unless it was a phone, but that is not why it was purchased.

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #310 of 479

Quote:
I'm quite happy with the D3 as a video player with good sound quality for music, on top of its portability. As for an android, I could really care less unless it was a phone, but that is not why it was purchased.

If that was what you were interested in, why not get a J3 with 3x the battery life?

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #311 of 479

Quote:

Likewise. I'm enjoying my D3 for its sound and video capabilities. The browser and other apps are really just icing on the cake, and even the browser is adequate for me. If I cared solely about Android, I would've gotten a smartphone by now.

As for getting a D3 over a J3, I much prefer the D3's superior screen and codec support for videos. The battery life may not be stellar, but I don't ever plan on listening to the thing for 40+ hours a day. I can live with charging it each day.

Apr 30, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #313 of 479

Quote:

Likewise. I'm enjoying my D3 for its sound and video capabilities. The browser and other apps are really just icing on the cake, and even the browser is adequate for me. If I cared solely about Android, I would've gotten a smartphone by now.

As for getting a D3 over a J3, I much prefer the D3's superior screen and codec support for videos. The battery life may not be stellar, but I don't ever plan on listening to the thing for 40+ hours a day. I can live with charging it each day.

I have to agree with Train ... the screen and codec support is great! Battery life I can live with. Not knocking the J3 I had a hard time deciding between the two, but in the end the D3 won out despite not so stellar reviews. I like some are holding out hope that the firmware updates will put this on par or above the J3 for overall performance, glitch-free!

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #315 of 479
I would happily purchase a D3+ or D4(whatever they call it) because the potential in the D3 is so clear. Once the hardware limitations are reduced(RAM right?) I could see this player easily becoming the best android mp3 player and critically acclaimed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back