Cowon D3 Plenue. Review. With Photos.
Apr 7, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #271 of 479

Quote:
I would like to try Rockbox but I don't understand how to install it on the D3. On their site it says it isn't supported, however I know it is compatible because people are talking about it on the net. How do I get the APK file?

Edit: I think I figured it out. You are using the unofficial AndroidPort right? Do they update this port? It seems new or I'm downloading and old version.
Edit 2: So the dynamic resolution download didn't work so I'm now using the Prebuilt 480X800
Edit 3: Wow, rockbox has a very poor interface and many bugs. Can you link me the amazon cloud player? Can seem to find it.

@skoog
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=32gb+microsdhc+card&tag=googhydr-20&index=electronics&hvadid=7141795125&ref=pd_sl_74hy4o3xxk_b

Those are what my Micro SD cards look like. If you look carefully, there will be a number circled somewhere on the the SD. This refers the speed you can write information to the MicroSD and speed(in your case the D3) you can read that information from the MicroSD. The higher the number, the faster it reads and writes. You wont have to worry about reading speeds with players/phones, anything above a two(the MicroSD standard) will work flawlessly. The class only matters for how fast you want you files copied over to the MicroSD. I have a class 4.

Hey Non,

Thanks for the specific details. I ordered a class 4 16 GB sandisk. If I need more room I will buy another one for movies only.

I will hold off on the rockbox until it gets cleaned up.

Anything else I need to get for the D3 that is essential. I have amazon apps market what else is good?

skoog

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #273 of 479

Quote:
Nothing is essential except having a WiFi connection to the web.   Documents To Go is handy. Adobe's PDF viewer is handy. Everything else to simply up to your own taste.  

Thanks 4D - I will check out docs to go and the PDF viewer. Just wanted to make sure I am getting the most out of the D3... so far so good on the vids. Not a big fan of their music payer/loader. I would prefer to be able to drag and drop right into the D3 music folder, but cannot seem to do that. 

Any other software music players better than what Cowon provides on with the CD?

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #274 of 479
Why can't you drag and drop? Thats what I do. 

WinAMP is great. I just started using it and it is so much better than the stock app. 

How can I download app updates? I dont have access to the amazon store nor the android store. I want the WinAmp 1.1 update but the IAudiophile(or is it anythingbutipod?) website only has 1.0!

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #275 of 479

Quote:
Why can't you drag and drop? Thats what I do. 

WinAMP is great. I just started using it and it is so much better than the stock app. 

How can I download app updates? I dont have access to the amazon store nor the android store. I want the WinAmp 1.1 update but the IAudiophile(or is it anythingbutipod?) website only has 1.0!

NonApp thanks - Oh so you can drag and drop? I tried initially but did not seem to work. Will try again.

Another silly question - Can I use the apps from https://market.android.com/apps/ this site even though I do not have an android phone but am running android? Of course some apps are only for android phones.

Apr 8, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #277 of 479

Quote:
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DRAG AND DROP!....

in fact, this is the good thing about cowon.... drang n drop.... if cowon would have been missing this, it would have been an other player that i would not be really intertested in....

my bad let me try it again.

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #278 of 479
You cannot download official apps as you must have access to the appstore. It is extremely frustrating because all I want to do is download a live wallpaper but of course lack the ability to. You can however bypass this problem by using roebeet's marketplace hack found here. The problem is, it is complete jargon to me. Let me know if you can figure it out.

BTW: judging by the past D3 FW timeline, a Korean update should be released latter on tonight(I think).

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #279 of 479

Quote:
You cannot download official apps as you must have access to the appstore. It is extremely frustrating because all I want to do is download a live wallpaper but of course lack the ability to. You can however bypass this problem by using roebeet's marketplace hack found here. The problem is, it is complete jargon to me. Let me know if you can figure it out.

BTW: judging by the past D3 FW timeline, a Korean update should be released latter on tonight(I think).

What do you need help understanding? Looks pretty simple to me: unzip the linked app file into the folder it specifies, plug in the D3 and run the commands.

I'm not very familiar with the Windows command line, but it says just to change "/.adb" to "adb.exe". Either way it's just copying and pasting.

Apr 8, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #280 of 479
I don't have any clue about using the SDK to run ADB. Hell, before I googled them I didn't know what either stood for. I am going to try to get it working tonight, but I know I'm going to have to follow multiple tutorials first. It looked time consuming and complicated and yesterday I just didn't have the time nor patience to go through that process.

Edit: After about six hours of trying to get the damn hack to work, I am about 80% done but stuck again. The difficulty is, the tread neglects to explain things thoroughly or at all(getting the d3 connected to adb shell) or assumes I know how do certain things and am familiar with certain ideas. I know he isn't getting paid for this, but better tutorial would benefit his cause.

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #282 of 479

Quote:
I got the android marketplace hack working! If anyone need help from a noobs point of view, just ask.

Yes this noob needs help! BTW - did add the (3) market apps from endgaget, some are not bad, but I am sure the google market be way better blues!!!

Also I have another noob-ish question - I have dragged and dropped music into the Media > Music folder on my D3 and also did the same for Videos = Media > Video. but for some reason when I click on the music or video icon on my D3 I get a folder empty. But then I go to my documents and click on media > music or media > video the files are there, but because they are in the documents section I am unable to play anything. Is this a bug, glitch, noob move or what? Any help much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back