Cowon D3 Plenue. Review. With Photos.
Mar 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #166 of 479
Mar 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #169 of 479
Ah! That's more like it! Good ol' Rockbox swoops in to save the day. Which version are you using? Was it straight from the Rockbox for Android port? And final question, as I can't remember if it was previously stated, have you experienced any audio playback issues using lossless files?

That's it, I can wait no longer. I'll be ordering one of these tonight. Overpriced, sure, but I honestly think I can deal with the shortcomings and enjoy the player for what it is. Fingers crossed...

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #171 of 479
In RB menu, settings -> playback settings -> playback control in hold mode -> yes or no, setting this to yes enables the D2 to use + and - for next/prev track, maybe it will for the D3 too?

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #172 of 479
There was no option in rockbox' settings, but after disabling media button controls in both the stock music app and winamp, then the media buttons play/next/prev do work.  It takes a few trys to get rockbox to start actually playing a file though. Clearly there is work to be done to make it an ideal app on the D3.  

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #173 of 479
I tested my D3 for GPS pairing, and although it would pair with my bluetooth GPS unit it would NOT connect or work with Google Maps or Navigation.  No Location options in settings to set. 

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #174 of 479
Hi, I just purchased a D3($275) today which will be coming in the mail in a weeks time. I realize it was probably sold to me for that price because the player's poor performance. I was fully aware of this issue when I purchased the player and my hope is that they will continue FW support on the D3 until at least the music playback is as good as the J3's(gapless, no audio blips, smooth performance). I have no prior experience with Cowon, if this situation has happened before with their other players, and the result of that situation(if so, please tell me). In your opinions, what is the likelihood that Cowon will fix this player to become lag free and a reputable product. What are the chances that Cowon will at least bring music playback up to the standard of the J3?

Edit: FW 1.31 was released on the 9th of this month correct? I read that Cowon are steadily releasing a revision of their FW every of two weeks. This indicates a new firmware update within the next week right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back