Cowon C2 Impression and Discusion Thread
Apr 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #31 of 141

Quote:
yes, they do not sounded so bad... but the music coming from them was for a short time... if we come to the sound quality department, they are not that bad... iphone 4 sounds pretty well, but for a short time....

What do you mean, a short time? My iPhone's worked great and sounded great ever since I got it way back in September. And if you abuse your $600+ devices without taking care of them one bit, well then, I don't think all the blame could be placed on the manufacturer's fault.

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #32 of 141

Quote:
What do you mean, a short time? My iPhone's worked great and sounded great ever since I got it way back in September. And if you abuse your $600+ devices without taking care of them one bit, well then, I don't think all the blame could be placed on the manufacturer's fault.

The nano's are pretty sturdy, but the video's and classic's are, because of the HD inside, really allergic against floordropping.

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #33 of 141
look, they are not my devices.... this is the good part.... i didn't bought any of them, just got them, i would not spend my money into this.... but i am almost crying after a device breaks.... in fact the only devices used by me and bought by me are sennheiser ie8 and cowon j3.... (from audiophile parts, because i have lots of other type of gear that was bought by me, but as audiophile parts these are bought by me)...

but... apple just seemed to not last... i mean... i didn't abused them... just normal use.... like any human would do.... and this means i even had care about all of these devices.... they just broke... probalby from overusing too?.... i am listening to music like 10 minutes on, 30 minutes off.... this means about 25 put in and out of the jack... this can cause destruction.....

in other way of ideeas, i had some irivers, and i can say that they do not compare... they sound - not so bad.... but dude, they last.... 3 had... 3 selled.... they are indestructible.... i mean i did dropped them from 5 feet.... nothing... not even a scratch.... 

all of my devices are put in carrying puch... apple, irivers, cowon. anything....

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #34 of 141
"the iPod's are equal to Cowon in SQ"

hmm

i've never been a big apple fan in terms of sound quality even with the apps - although an early classic 160GB did sound good

frankly i went with a sans fuze with an LOD an preferred it by a notable margin

but then i really wanted to have a bit more juice to drive portable cans without an amp (even the Yuin PK1) and nothing i've found has done so like the Cowons, so i ended up back with a D2+ (cheap, SD card, great battery life, silicone case makes it a tank)

the C2 look interesting although i'm not sure if it's enough of a difference to get me to move - but on the other hand i really don't like the cowon d2+ UI so it may be worth it for just that alone

(although maybe just an X7 might be the way to go :)

Apr 30, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #36 of 141
heh, why can't they just add an SDXC slot to a D2+ and be done with it (and maybe a slightly higher res screen or harder buttons and fix the bass roll-off for li hp)... Long battery life, sort of small/thin, flac support, actual buttons, hard to break, large internal memory, strong enough internal amp, ok sound quality, ok navigation and 'sort of rockbox support'. So far has been enough for me :D.

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #37 of 141

Quote:
the C2 look interesting although i'm not sure if it's enough of a difference to get me to move - but on the other hand i really don't like the cowon d2+ UI so it may be worth it for just that alone

Yeah, this is it. What makes the C2 worth buying?

If my D2+ would be broken, than I might buy this one.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #38 of 141

Quote:
[...]

(although maybe just an X7 might be the way to go :)

If it's troublesome, there are a few user-made interfaces and themes at Iaudiophile.  You could see which ones you'd like to try.  The Cowon D2/+ is also rockbox-able, which is similar to having a totally different UI.

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #39 of 141
I'd get the C2 if it had better tactile controls (as in the S9 & J3),... I'd also OWN an X7 IF it had a higher res screen. Damn you Cowon,...you miss the mark wayyyyyyy too often.

Apr 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #40 of 141
i think that a bigger resolution could add some to the price too... that is what cowon doesn;t want after all.... 

about c2, it would be great if you do not have any cowon, and think that i9 and i7 are idiotic.... i think that if c2 comes to my country i will get one....

May 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #41 of 141

Quote:
If it's troublesome, there are a few user-made interfaces and themes at Iaudiophile.  You could see which ones you'd like to try.  The Cowon D2/+ is also rockbox-able, which is similar to having a totally different UI.

Yeah - i considered rockboxing it.

a touch more screen space would be good (my old eyes) - so i ended up ordering a refurbed x7 for about two bills

yeah, i know all the silliness around it but it's a big display and can hold a ton of my stuff

just couldn't hold out for the c2 (still a physical display smaller than i'd like)

May 3, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #42 of 141
I have a 40GB D2 coming....who knows, if I really like it I might consider a C2 in the future.

Jun 10, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #45 of 141
that is not really helping

the only info there is that it charges faster on AC than on direct USB, but no word on if it is usable during AC-Charge -.-
I just though someone could confirm it with say a 200Ohms phone charger or something, that it does NOT actually turn into UMS mode as the D2/D2+ does whenever charged via USB (it still has the ACconn though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back