Cowon C2 Impression and Discusion Thread
Apr 23, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #17 of 141
There is a demo of the UI on Youtube:

Also, pre-orders started in some of the online shop i sometimes use (materiel.net and numericshop.be). The 16gb version is at 159 €. No date specified for the delivery...

edit: Oh also, there is a Korean seller who already sells those on ebay, so they might come soon to us... When the ferries arrive :frowning2:

Apr 23, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #19 of 141
Cowon still suprises me now and then. Nothing like a throwback to 3 years ago to keep customers happy. If Apple had done this the whole thing would be no thicker than the metal backplate. The screen would be capacative multitouch and and with twice the resolution in both dimensions. Smaller than the Touch it would sell for $149/8gb and $179/16gb, but there wouldn't be a microSD slot at all.   Oh wait, Apple already did that.  It's their current Nano you can wear as a watch.   Never mind.   
mad.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #20 of 141

Quote:
I thought that it would be cheaper.

Well, those two shops are not the cheapest of earth but i guess it won't go 40 € cheaper somewhere else...

To compare, J3 16go is at 229 € and S9 16go is at 199 € on the same shop.

For me the S9 was not a clear choice due to the lack of SD slot, the J3 was too expensive compared to the S9 so that C2 looks like the deal for me: cheaper than S9 and with a SD slot...

If it has the usual Cowon quality, it sure will be mine :)

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #21 of 141

Quote:
Cowon still suprises me now and then. Nothing like a throwback to 3 years ago to keep customers happy. If Apple had done this the whole thing would be no thicker than the metal backplate. The screen would be capacative multitouch and and with twice the resolution in both dimensions. Smaller than the Touch it would sell for $149/8gb and $179/16gb, but there wouldn't be a microSD slot at all.   Oh wait, Apple already did that.  It's their current Nano you can wear as a watch.   Never mind.   
mad.gif

My sarcasmeter exploded :wink:

I truely understand your point, but it is the Cowon charme, that I like so much. Cannot think of any unmodded / unamped IPod that might sound better than my D2+ out of the box.

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #23 of 141
aevum, you look old on head-fi.... but do you know cowon products?... are you korean?... these proprietary interfaces are some part of what makes cowon players be the coolest... proprietary named by us, but in koreea, these things are like normal usb to europeans or like apple cables to americans... 

and also, 4d thinker, do you really considered the quality of the sound?... this is head-fi... we are audiophiles, not fashion fans, not gamers, and not apple fans.... that nano is a piece of $it.... the sound that dwells whithin it is poor compared to any cowon player... i am an audiophile, an gamer, an artist (real paintings), and graphic designer (with graphic tablets), an inventor (right now i am making an mobile phone) and a poet.... but on head-fi i am only an audiophile.... the ideea is that right here, we do care only about the sound.... i do use all sorts of equpements latley, and read about them, but something like my phone has nothing to do with my cowon j3 for music.... my phone is not worthing even to mention his name here.... on a phones site it may be first... for apps, for other things.... like iphone... i fiind it not worty to be compared to j3.... j3 is superior a hundred times.... and i am saying that because i am caring only about my music.... iphone is a great device, for apps, internet and gaming.... i found it useful a lot of times, but never i could have compared it to j3 if i am going to just listen to music... 

apple is not meant to be audiophile.... ok, the classic ipod, i remeber to sound pretty well with the line out and amplifier, but hey, my j3 has done the same resoults, as headphone out and amplifier.... sometimes j3 was better, sometimes ipod classic was better... so apple is not really the worst thing, but they are hitting other things, not sound quality... at the ipod price, i think that an cowon player (not wifi like d3) would have already been able to play 24/48, vinyl quality, had 108 hours of battery life and probably had a bigger screen...

you know, my j3 screen is great for on the go movies, and photos. and i do have 17" laptop, and i am looking for a 22" display....  

now i know that some man say that iphone 4 has the same or better quality than j3... but there are people that say that beats or anything maked by dr dre is batter than sennheiser products.

i am just trying to explain why cowon is mighty and applw is not.... (sorry, i just had only bad experiences with audio from any apple device, even mac computers....)

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #24 of 141
Actually, the iPod's are equal to Cowon in SQ, and only better in sound enhancements. I would know - I own/have owned a few of the Cowon devices. Have you tried an iPod touch or iPhone w/the great apps EQu or EQUALIZER? If not, I'd suggest you really test them out - then get back to us as I thiyou'll have a change of opinion.

As for your statement/personal opinion that "apple is not meant to be audiophile" it's going to get you flamed here on Head-Fi, since you really DON'T know what your talking about. 

Seems to me your just a fanboi - a Cowon fanboi. That doesn't make it alright to bash - I despise baseless drivel,...

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #25 of 141
no, i do really know,... i already broke 2 nanos, 1 classic, and 3 iphones, and one mighty ipad in audio department.... i do not understand why, there is just no more music coming out of them (ok, nanos maybe are because of falling into snow, and one iphone i am pretty sure that got something when i dropped it from 30cm, but others were working until one day, when the music did gone mono, or blurred, or stopped from coming after all) (the ipod is not all the way my or the product;s fault, it was because i destroyed it when playing inside it... i like circuits, and i was fascinated about some pieces in it...).all this things happened after about 6-8 moths of daily rough use, in the happiest case, with the classic ipod... rest didn't lasted more than 5-9 weeks...maybe these are my experiences, but my j3 has nothing after it had an impact with my floor from about 1m.... and i am using it in very rough conditions....i have ringke on it... but i was having some kind of silicone on iphoned too.... 

ok, i am pushing every audio thing to the impossible limit, because of my extreme sports... winter, sky, snowmobiles. summer, parachute is good, sometimes just camping (in the middle of a forest without resources, i like pushing myself to limits...)... i cannot stay without music, about 2-3-4-5 hours a day i am listening to music. most of time with iems....

And indeed you are right. cowon is better only with sound enchatments... whithout is just a normal player... but i did found the sound enchatments on it be better than the ones on an apple portable product.... maybe it;s just me, and is a thing of tastes.... but i have some friends that agree with me... this is after two complete days of trying to make the iphone sound be better than cowon j3.... you see, i do wanted to have to carry only one device.... and as some info, samsung galaxy s with vodoo is somehow close to iphone4...

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #26 of 141

Quote:
no, i do really know,... i already broke 2 nanos, 1 classic, and 3 iphones, and one mighty ipad in audio department.... i do not understand why, there is just no more music coming out of them (ok, nanos maybe are because of falling into snow, and one iphone i am pretty sure that got something when i dropped it from 30cm, but others were working until one day, when the music did gone mono, or blurred, or stopped from coming after all) (the ipod is not all the way my or the product;s fault, it was because i destroyed it when playing inside it... i like circuits, and i was fascinated about some pieces in it...).all this things happened after about 6-8 moths of daily rough use, in the happiest case, with the classic ipod... rest didn't lasted more than 5-9 weeks...maybe these are my experiences, but my j3 has nothing after it had an impact with my floor from about 1m.... and i am using it in very rough conditions....i have ringke on it... but i was having some kind of silicone on iphoned too.... 

ok, i am pushing every audio thing to the impossible limit, because of my extreme sports... winter, sky, snowmobiles. summer, parachute is good, sometimes just camping (in the middle of a forest without resources, i like pushing myself to limits...)... i cannot stay without music, about 2-3-4-5 hours a day i am listening to music. most of time with iems....

And indeed you are right. cowon is better only with sound enchatments... whithout is just a normal player... but i did found the sound enchatments on it be better than the ones on an apple portable product.... maybe it;s just me, and is a thing of tastes.... but i have some friends that agree with me... this is after two complete days of trying to make the iphone sound be better than cowon j3.... you see, i do wanted to have to carry only one device.... and as some info, samsung galaxy s with vodoo is somehow close to iphone4...

Honestly some of that are pretty stupid reasons to be mindlessly bashing Apple products.

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #27 of 141
Well ok, the C2 is nothing really special, but if you are searching for a marathon DAP with good SQ, this is your man.

Apple products are not bad. The Ipod touch, was my first IPod. After that I bought three other Ipods, all broken and repaired them myself.

I always say, why not have both?

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #28 of 141
no, these reasons are not stupid... a device at THAT price should resist much more.... an ipod with enought memory cost around the price of a snowboard, with boots and protection equipments.... you know, i can use snowboard equipment around 10-15 years before getting bored, anything else better getting out, or something broke... but for me ipods didn't last longer than my mouse bought from kaufland(i do not know if there are any in usa, in europe they exist a lot, because we are close to germany. kaufland = kauf(kaufen) - to buy, land - land.... land of buying).... whatever. i bought a mouse, not wirless, cord mouse, with around 20$... it lasted two moths, before the wire cracked.... this is just too low... i had an 8$ mouse which lasted on me about 2,5-4 years of very rough use in gaming, and mouse grawing..... 

same about apple... they are not build to last... even the aparition of 4 iphones in about two or three years...in my country the iphone 4 was released in 1 month after iphone 3gs.... this means that.... "oh, you must spend another 500-600$ on an iphone, because the one you have is outdated, great!).....

my biggest complain is about the quality of that thing... i mean i do love iphone for gaming, phone talk, and applications... but screw it when it comes to music.... i do not hate the whole apple, but i hate apple if i want to have good music....

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #29 of 141

Quote:

my biggest complain is about the quality of that thing... i mean i do love iphone for gaming, phone talk, and applications... but screw it when it comes to music.... i do not hate the whole apple, but i hate apple if i want to have good music....

I know you refuse to believe it, but the Touch 4G with the Equalizer app sounds great, just like my Cowon i9(which sounds like the J3) sounds great.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back