Covers better than the originals...
Mar 19, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #91 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by FatCat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Limp Bizkit's Behind Blue Eyes > The Who's version

Placebo's "Covers" disc is also fantastic, esp "Daddy Cool" and "20th Century Boy" tracks.

Pure musical blasphemy
very_evil_smiley.gif

Let alone Limp Bizkit in one sentence with the The Who.....

Mar 19, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #93 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pure musical blasphemy
very_evil_smiley.gif

Let alone Limp Bizkit in one sentence with the The Who.....

Hey, but it was not about who's better! I like LB's version of that song better actually... :]

Mar 20, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #97 of 120
I like Jack Johnson's version of Badfish on the Sublime tribute album better than I like the Sublime version.

Mar 21, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #98 of 120
I like Velvet Revolver's version on Money a lot...I don't know if more than PF's original, but I like it a lot a lot. Also mentioned on this thread, GN'R's Knockin' On Heaven's Door is aweeeeeeeesome

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #101 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nick Cave and his bad seeds - Stagger Lee
I don't know who did the original, but this one is bad as*ed
cool.gif

I thought that this must be "Stagger Lee" by Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter (performed by The Dead on Shakedown Street) but it isn't. "Stagger Lee" or "Stagolee" or "Stack O'Lee" is a genuine folk story and has been adapted into a great many songs. I've got a feeling that the Nick Cave version is actually a new song with a remote connection to early folk versions. Not really a cover, then.

Mar 21, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #102 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought that this must be "Stagger Lee" by Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter (performed by The Dead on Shakedown Street) but it isn't. "Stagger Lee" or "Stagolee" or "Stack O'Lee" is a genuine folk story and has been adapted into a great many songs. I've got a feeling that the Nick Cave version is actually a new song with a remote connection to early folk versions. Not really a cover, then.

Here is a pretty good page on the history of Stagger Lee. I thought it was pretty interesting. Incidently, the last song on Nick Cave's album Murder Ballads, is a cover of Bob Dylan's song, Death Is Not The End.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back