Could use some input on $50-$150 range
Nov 30, 2010 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DrGroove

100+ Head-Fier
Here are a few I have been looking at and the best prices I've been able to find (still mad I missed the $99 Triplefi10 deal)

Brainwavz M3 $90
Etymotic hf5 $103
ATRIO M5 $120

I looked at the Panasonic HJE900 but they have mixed reviews and seem to be sold out/discontinued or something

Things to note:
- I like bass-heavy music, which eliminates the RE0 and makes me lean away from the hf5
- I would prefer a good soundstage so I can use them for gaming. I know full size headphones would be better, but I get really bad headset hair 
frown.gif
. It might sound like a stupid issue, but I feel dumb walking around with an obvious indent in across my head.

Dec 1, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Still looking for some input.

I noticed joker gave the Sunrise Xcape a great review, and those are only $80. The Fischer DBA-02 is very also tempting, but at $160 it's twice as much as the M3 or Xcape. Is it worth paying double? Would the Xcape have enough bass for my taste?

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 5
If you want full bass and a good soundstage I think the M3 is  more likely to satisfy than the Xcape or even the DBA-02. It's an easy-going (aside from maybe the fit) earphone with very few flaws. It's definitely not as bassy as the Atrios but has a well-weighted punch and even some rumble when compared to the Xcape or BA-based earphones like the Fischers. I think the Fischer Silver Bullet is a much better (closer) basis for comparison to the M3 than the DBA-02 is. 

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 5
One last problem. Has anyone found a good place to buy the M3? I have had terrible experiences dealing with orders from china in the past (In-fact I am still waiting over 2 months for one), and it sounds like mp4nation is no exception.

advancedmp3players.co.uk will ship them fedex for $98. Are there any north american retailers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back