Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,881 of 5,310
If anyone has or will be receiving the BA4R and also has the ER4S, and the excitement of having something brand new has worn off a bit, please post your impressions between them.  Thanks in advance. I hope it can save my wallet and pull it away from the NT6.

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,882 of 5,310
I'm also looking forward to all the impressions from people who have recently gotten their BA4 (Either R or F). My ear impressions should be arriving at CE any day now and I'm still wondering which one I should get.

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #2,883 of 5,310
Has anyone else ordered a TF10 reshell?, or a HY-TF10?
I'm absolutely loving mine
bigsmile_face.gif

SO, SO tempted to get a DX50 to feed them on the move.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #2,884 of 5,310
  Has anyone else ordered a TF10 reshell?, or a HY-TF10?
I'm absolutely loving mine
bigsmile_face.gif

How much does the HY-TF10 cost?

Sep 14, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #2,885 of 5,310
If anyone has or will be receiving the BA4R and also has the ER4S, and the excitement of having something brand new has worn off a bit, please post your impressions between them.  Thanks in advance. I hope it can save my wallet and pull it away from the NT6.

I have ordered BA4R (should have it at my home within next 3 weeks, at least I hope that I will receive them within that period) and I have Ety. Definitely, I will post my impressions and comparison between those two.

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #2,887 of 5,310
How much does the HY-TF10 cost?

I know that the straight re-shell is £100 before custom options, but I'm afraid I don't know how much Phil would charge for the HY addition.
Because I was a guinea-pig I got a 'special' price which was more than that but I can't discuss how much more, sorry.

I don't know if his success with my HY-TF's mean that he's settled on a driver combo' that he'd consider 'production ready' or not, you'd have to ask him if he's prepared to do another or not.

I also think that he'd have to have your impressions in hand to say whether there's room for all those drivers in your ears, as despite having a medium/large concha ( I think! ) my shells are packed full to the point that there wasn't even room for the recessed socket that I requested!

I'd love to know what you think of them if you manage to get some.

I can't wait to compare mine to the HY5 when they become available.

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #2,888 of 5,310
  I'm also looking forward to all the impressions from people who have recently gotten their BA4 (Either R or F). My ear impressions should be arriving at CE any day now and I'm still wondering which one I should get.

This monday I should receive the R&F demo models. I'll be sure to post a detailed review of both their sound signatures.

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #2,890 of 5,310
I know that the straight re-shell is £100 before custom options, but I'm afraid I don't know how much Phil would charge for the HY addition.
Because I was a guinea-pig I got a 'special' price which was more than that but I can't discuss how much more, sorry.

I don't know if his success with my HY-TF's mean that he's settled on a driver combo' that he'd consider 'production ready' or not, you'd have to ask him if he's prepared to do another or not.

I also think that he'd have to have your impressions in hand to say whether there's room for all those drivers in your ears, as despite having a medium/large concha ( I think! ) my shells are packed full to the point that there wasn't even room for the recessed socket that I requested!

I'd love to know what you think of them if you manage to get some.

I can't wait to compare mine to the HY5 when they become available.

I'm pretty sure my ears can fit all the drivers, I'd say my ears aren't on the small side. Do you have a picture with all the drivers? I should have picked the option to keep my impressions. Since I now have two BA customs, I'd probably be interested in a hybrid model down the line. I suppose I can always wait for the HY5.

I'm so unlucky! I've only had overseas packages sit at customs for over 5 days twice and now I have the honor to have my BA4F sit at customs for the whole week. I'm always hoping there's a slight chance that they didn't update the tracking and that it shows up at my door but no dice, guess I'll really have to wait till sometime next week. :frowning2:

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #2,893 of 5,310
Wooohooo.......
Phil has received my impressions for my BA4F! My status is now impression qa.

I can't wait. I originally wanted to send my tf10 to Phil to reshell, but the temptation for something more special took over. Now I still need to decide do I send them back to UE for warranty or invest in a reshell.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #2,894 of 5,310
Wooohooo.......
Phil has received my impressions for my BA4F! My status is now impression qa.

I can't wait. I originally wanted to send my tf10 to Phil to reshell, but the temptation for something more special took over. Now I still need to decide do I send them back to UE for warranty or invest in a reshell.

Id love to see a BA4F vs Triple.Fi 10 compairison.  I was adding things up, figuring which one would be the best value... The only issue I had is... I have no idea how they sound compared to each other... 

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #2,895 of 5,310

Id love to see a BA4F vs Triple.Fi 10 compairison.  I was adding things up, figuring which one would be the best value... The only issue I had is... I have no idea how they sound compared to each other... 

I can tell you this much: The BA4F has very little treble boost, if any. The treble is actually fairly subdued, but very clean. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back