Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #2,568 of 5,310
Quote:
My ears were the second smallest ears he had to work with, were yours the smalles by any chance? :p 
Guess a lot of impressions on the BA4s will be posted in this thread the coming weeks!

They do :3

I think they might be, this is what Phil said yesterday "Your monitors have been the most difficult set we have ever made" and  "it is almost impossible to get the electronics in, we think we have managed now". I should be getting an update on them tomorrow.

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #2,569 of 5,310
I have average size ears with giant canals, and the HY3 drivers will fit without any problems according to Phil, even with a dynamic driver which tend to be much larger than BAs. Hopefully they'll be finished within the next couple days.

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #2,570 of 5,310
Quote:
 I think they might be, this is what Phil said yesterday "Your monitors have been the most difficult set we have ever made" and  "it is almost impossible to get the electronics in, we think we have managed now". I should be getting an update on them tomorrow.

I think this is a good thing! Encountering new problems and solving them, is something that improves the world.

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #2,571 of 5,310
I have average size ears with giant canals, and the HY3 drivers will fit without any problems according to Phil, even with a dynamic driver which tend to be much larger than BAs. Hopefully they'll be finished within the next couple days.

Ooo I would dearly like to hear more on this as you can :). Post a picture if you can. I'd like to see how everyones HY3 Design comes out and their creativity at work with the options they chose.

I think this is a good thing! Encountering new problems and solving them, is something that improves the world.

That's for sure. Intuition towards innovation is great to see these days.

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #2,573 of 5,310
Nice..

Lucky you. I am still waiting for the shop to be enabled, though Phil told me to send the impressions over already which I did.
For the time being, it seems to be still stuck at the customs on my side due to the public holidays and stuff.

Well, I just have to be patient. :)  May the "music" be with everyone! :p

is the difficulty of fitting the drivers into the shells a problem because you're choosing the medium or micro models or simply a factor of small ears?

Just curious since I have larger ears but small canals.

Well, i believe it's both. Since having small canals already limits the space of putting the electronics in, the choice of the size would result in possible less space.

Correct me if wrong.

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #2,576 of 5,310
Quote:
Ooo I would dearly like to hear more on this as you can
smily_headphones1.gif
. Post a picture if you can. I'd like to see how everyones HY3 Design comes out and their creativity at work with the options they chose.

Haha if you're looking for options you will be disappointed - I got plain smoke shells.

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #2,577 of 5,310
Quote:
is the difficulty of fitting the drivers into the shells a problem because you're choosing the medium or micro models or simply a factor of small ears?

Just curious since I have larger ears but small canals.

If that was for me I'm not entirely sure tbh.  I think it's a combination of a change in driver size for the micro shells (and they are small) and my ears.  It's really frustrating for both CE and myself.  I was always under the impression that Customs would be a no brainer in terms of fit and comfort but it just hasn't turned out that way and I'd love to know why I've had this amount of hassle (no fault of CE) on something that should of been simple.  I'd been expecting a refit, maybe two as everyone seems to have those but not this. 
Cheers

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #2,578 of 5,310
Quote:
Nice..

Lucky you. I am still waiting for the shop to be enabled, though Phil told me to send the impressions over already which I did.
For the time being, it seems to be still stuck at the customs on my side due to the public holidays and stuff.

I believe that part was for me? Well thank you mate but I didn't order from CE, mine is Spiral Ear SE5way reference, however I keep following this thread and try to help people because Phil is amazing and his work is extremely good. Another reason is, I am seriously thinking about ordering BA6 when it becomes available and when I have money of course. Right now, my wallet is kinda empty cuz of my recent purchase.

The thing is, you shouldn't worry and I mean it. Just look at how awesome Phil's work and how helpful he is. I didn't see 1 customer who is not happy with him. CE def. deserves a better place in the world of ciem manufacturers.

Aug 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #2,579 of 5,310
Well this (rubbish) top down shot of the ma's should give you all an idea of what ce have to work with :-

You can see that the left is much thicker than the right.  It also seems to have a weird kink in it.

A repeat shot with the mas and a clip plus (which being too small for it's own good I've gone and lost :frowning2: ) for comparison purposes :-

The cables been replaced with a lighter one for the strain relief.  The plan is to re release the ma's with a removeable cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back