Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #2,551 of 5,310
Quote:
Aah, a New Yorker, I might join you there in a year. In my experience, the more expensive option doesn't necessarily mean a faster delivery. And $48 is a lot of money. Luckily, cosmic ears works really, really fast. How are costoms in the us? Does it take a month for them to process every international package? Because that's the case in the Netherlands...

Moving to New York? Good thing you have customs on the way, it'll be awesome for loud subway commutes. Customs varies, the longest my package has ever sat at customs was one month but that only happened one time. Usually I get my packages at my door 2-3 days after the tracking says it has processed through customs, the record time so far has been 5 working days total from Seoul to my door step and that was the cheapest shipping option too. Yeah, no way I was going to send the impressions for $48, especially since they are really not worth anything.

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #2,553 of 5,310
Quote:
Sounds like you had a lot of bad luck, but I'm glad things are good now!  So do they isolate well enough to protect your ears and sanity? Also, would it ever be possible to fit the BA4 in your ears? I assume the drivers of the BA4 are smaller per piece than those of the ma2? And they got it to fit it in my ears...

Well they fit, and isolation is ok so I really think I am done with customs right now.  It seems for whatever reasons my ears just don't want to play ball.  Phil has a theory that it's the thickness of my right ears muscle wall more than the shape that's fouling it.  The left is quite a bit bigger than the right (and evidence of that is an easier fit on normal iems) As said up thread, whilst I would love to try a few of the more upmarket cosmic models if I have this hassle every time I really don't think it's worth it for my self or fair on CE as a business.  The fact that I've had hassle with 3 companies now rather points to the fact that for whatever reason my ears just don't like customs (which makes no sense to me, but hey what the heck!).  With the advent of the hybrid universal/customs (see Stagediver and Heir audio) I think those would be a safer bet for me in the long run! 

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #2,554 of 5,310
Quote:
Moving to New York? Good thing you have customs on the way, it'll be awesome for loud subway commutes. Customs varies, the longest my package has ever sat at customs was one month but that only happened one time. Usually I get my packages at my door 2-3 days after the tracking says it has processed through customs, the record time so far has been 5 working days total from Seoul to my door step and that was the cheapest shipping option too. Yeah, no way I was going to send the impressions for $48, especially since they are really not worth anything.

Yeah I might, if my SO can find a job there! Hmm ok, your costoms don't sound that much better than the dutch customs. How much taxes do you have to pay? 
Quote:
boohoo just read through the past i have no idea how many pages of this thread...i've been looking at cosmic ears for awhile but its not something a student's wallet can cope with without going into shock and dropping dead

I'm a student, it's very much possible! Explaining to your fellow students why you need to buy in ears, that are exactly molded to your ears is slightly harder though.

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #2,555 of 5,310
Quote:
Yeah I might, if my SO can find a job there! Hmm ok, your costoms don't sound that much better than the dutch customs. How much taxes do you have to pay? 

To my knowledge, nothing. I'm not sure if they charge a fee for items over a certain amount from overseas but I've never been charged for anything, the mail man just drops off my package and that is all.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #2,556 of 5,310
Quote:
boohoo just read through the past i have no idea how many pages of this thread...i've been looking at cosmic ears for awhile but its not something a student's wallet can cope with without going into shock and dropping dead

Cosmic Ears is actually by far the cheapest high quality option for CIEMs right now. I know what you mean though, I just paid for my HY3 and the grand total was a bit of a shocker as for some reason I always thought their prices were in Euros, but apparently it was in British Pounds all along which are worth a lot more. So I paid around $60 more than I expected, plus Paypal currency conversion rates. However if you are on a budget even the modest BA1 and BA2 sound excellent for not much more than a good universal IEM.

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #2,558 of 5,310
You can select the currency you want when browsing. As said, their prices are by far lower than any other qualitative ciem maker, but of course ciems will never be "cheap"

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #2,560 of 5,310
Quote:
Haha I foolishly bought their expensivish iems back when beats were all the hype. And sadly my brainwavz M4 I believe sound better to me and at a fraction of the price. More talk about the HY3 has me giddy to want and get my impressions done already and hopefully get them into production sometime in October or November (hopefully not). Patience is key here. @ Phlashvios would you say the Fiio X3 is great enough to power the HY3 sufficiently or should I be saving money for an amp as well? (RSA Tomahawk?
biggrin.gif
)

The X3 with the HY3 is a lovely marriage. Sometimes DAP's and IEM's have a lovely synergy and this is one of those occasions. There is loads of power in the X3, sufficient to easily burst your ear drums with the HY3 attached. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #2,563 of 5,310
 I've been subbed to this thread for some time now, and im now finally getting my BA4's. They should hopefully be in my hands some time next week.
And as some of you, i also have small ears and it's been a real challenge for Phil to get it all to fit into the shells. But they have finally made it happen, and im super excited to get my hands on my first pair of ciems.

And Marleybob217 those shells looks really nice, looks like Phil's done a great job again. :wink:

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2,564 of 5,310
Quote:
 I've been subbed to this thread for some time now, and im now finally getting my BA4's. They should hopefully be in my hands some time next week.
And as some of you, i also have small ears and it's been a real challenge for Phil to get it all to fit into the shells. But they have finally made it happen, and im super excited to get my hands on my first pair of ciems.

And Marleybob217 those shells looks really nice, looks like Phil's done a great job again. :wink:

My ears were the second smallest ears he had to work with, were yours the smalles by any chance? :p 
Guess a lot of impressions on the BA4s will be posted in this thread the coming weeks!

Quote:
Those look sexy
smily_headphones1.gif

They do :3

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #2,565 of 5,310
is the difficulty of fitting the drivers into the shells a problem because you're choosing the medium or micro models or simply a factor of small ears?

Just curious since I have larger ears but small canals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back