Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jul 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #2,341 of 5,310
Quote:
So I've been spending more time with the new BA4 with the extra bass. It's a really great sounding CIEM. With the right music, and the right gear, it approaches top tier $1k+ performance levels. Interestingly, the JH13FP sounds far better with a Clip+ playing non-audiophile music. The BA4, even in this more fun variety, is still pretty ruthless. But give it some really good gear and recordings, and the gap between it and the JH13 narrows considerably. 

The BA4 has a special sort of sound - it reminds me of a very good monitor speaker, perhaps a larger one with a 7 or 8 inch woofer. That means it's almost full range, but doesn't quite do subterranean pipe organ (for example) as well as a huge tower speaker. But as it stands, it can be very satisfying nonetheless. 

That sounds really good, would you say that the BA4s are sensitive to hiss? I'm using the hisoundaudio rocoo p as a DAP, it's very powerful, and the sound is pretty darn good. But it does have some hiss.

Hmm, I actually have 8 inch mackie studio monitors. If they sound anything like them, I'm a very happy camper.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #2,342 of 5,310
Quote:
That sounds really good, would you say that the BA4s are sensitive to hiss? I'm using the hisoundaudio rocoo p as a DAP, it's very powerful, and the sound is pretty darn good. But it does have some hiss.

Hmm, I actually have 8 inch mackie studio monitors. If they sound anything like them, I'm a very happy camper.

Go get X3 or wait a bit and get X5. X3 is one of the best deals in the dap world, for 200 bucks what it provides is like a magic. Also if I am not sure X3 provides a bit more power than Rocoo P so driving power shouldn't be an issue at all.

X5 will be their reference dap and honestly I am waiting for it. It seems extremely promising.

Jul 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #2,343 of 5,310
This is incorrect.  I have ordered hundreds on items and have been caught once (and never on over 30 pairs of headphones amps etc.).   So please do not spread such information.  You may get caught but it nowhere near the level that you suggest.  100% of the time lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC2rmpiAsjs   this will explain it better for you.

It's true for me and everyone else I know that imports stuff too. You must be special.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #2,344 of 5,310
It's true for me and everyone else I know that imports stuff too. You must be special.

True (for everyone) or not, I would say you're saying right things. Even though it is often possible to get around taxes, it is a good idea to just pay it so you are never to be screwed by it.

Like you said, some countries have tighter customs, others have looser customs. It all depends! It is wise to study about it so you could save some money if you order from outside of your country a lot.

Anyway, back to the topic...

So I've been spending more time with the new BA4 with the extra bass. It's a really great sounding CIEM. With the right music, and the right gear, it approaches top tier $1k+ performance levels. Interestingly, the JH13FP sounds far better with a Clip+ playing non-audiophile music. The BA4, even in this more fun variety, is still pretty ruthless. But give it some really good gear and recordings, and the gap between it and the JH13 narrows considerably. 

The BA4 has a special sort of sound - it reminds me of a very good monitor speaker, perhaps a larger one with a 7 or 8 inch woofer. That means it's almost full range, but doesn't quite do subterranean pipe organ (for example) as well as a huge tower speaker. But as it stands, it can be very satisfying nonetheless. 

That sounds good, mate! I am considering some options, including getting re-shell of NT6 from UM and CE BA4. Isn't Sweden a part of EU? If that's the case it would be even better. Do they extrude out from the ear, like how Hidition's, or just my NT6, do?

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #2,345 of 5,310
Anyone from the USA ordered these?

I'm curious if there were any import fees? Also curious how much shipping was both ways.

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #2,347 of 5,310
Apparantly the natural upgrade from the tf10 is the hy3 which is the hybrid.  Not many reports on the ba3.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #2,348 of 5,310
That's really quite tempting...
The fact that the BA4 doesn't quite reach 'subterrainian pipe organ' levels of bass, and the fact that I have a new CIEM to play with are the only things delaying my ordering one.

Phil has completed an experimental TF10+dynamic driver re-shell for me, and my initial feelings are that It sounds REALLY good, without swamping the already slightly recessed mids.

This will keep me more than happy until either the BA6 is released, or perhaps I'll wait till the HY5 arrives next year.

I've never seen your impressions of the HY3 here Project?
Am I right in thinking you got a pair?

I plan to post more detailed impressions of the TF10+D once I've had a chance to listen with them properly on the home rig (they've only just finished 'burning in')

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #2,349 of 5,310
Quote:
That sounds good, mate! I am considering some options, including getting re-shell of NT6 from UM and CE BA4. Isn't Sweden a part of EU? If that's the case it would be even better. Do they extrude out from the ear, like how Hidition's, or just my NT6, do?

Sweden is part of the EU which is definitely helpful for some users. 

My particular BA4 sticks out from the ear somewhat - not as far as some of my others like Heir 8.A or Lear LCM-5, but farther than my JH13 or ES5.

Quote:
Anyone from the USA ordered these?

I'm curious if there were any import fees? Also curious how much shipping was both ways.

Shipping there can be really cheap depending on what method you choose. I used USPS and they had options ranging from roughly $10 all the way up to $30 or so. Depends on how fast you want it to arrive. 

Import fees are hit and miss. I get a lot of gear in from all over the world, and sometimes get charged, but sometimes don't. 

Quote:
Heard lots of people talking about BA4.
Anyone tried the BA3 before?? Is it good enough to fight with TF10??

BA4 is very different from TF10. BA3 is probably a good choice for TF10 lovers but I don't know if many people have tried it yet. 

Quote:
That's really quite tempting...
The fact that the BA4 doesn't quite reach 'subterrainian pipe organ' levels of bass, and the fact that I have a new CIEM to play with are the only things delaying my ordering one.

Phil has completed an experimental TF10+dynamic driver re-shell for me, and my initial feelings are that It sounds REALLY good, without swamping the already slightly recessed mids.

This will keep me more than happy until either the BA6 is released, or perhaps I'll wait till the HY5 arrives next year.

I've never seen your impressions of the HY3 here Project?
Am I right in thinking you got a pair?

I plan to post more detailed impressions of the TF10+D once I've had a chance to listen with them properly on the home rig (they've only just finished 'burning in')

Cool, sounds like a fun little experiment. Hope it works out well.

I don't have the HY3 - so obviously I have no thoughts on that particular model. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #2,350 of 5,310
I find myself up in the air about what model to choose. I had been awaiting the return of the cheaper models while contemplating the benefits of other models. If I do decide to go bigger, the BA3 and HY3 would likely be my cap to afford them along with impressions, shipping, and customizations. 

The websites description of the two are pretty vague, and I'd love more detailed opinions and comparisons. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #2,352 of 5,310
Anyone know of any third party cables that have a remote that would work with my BA2s?  Thanks.

Don't know about third party but CE has a mic/remote cable in the works. I ordered one with my HY3 (along with the normal cable) but I'm not optimistic about getting it together with the monitors. It's been enough trouble for them to sort out the standard cables, so I'm guessing the remote cable would take a few more months.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2,353 of 5,310
According to Phil, they've had to drop the remote as they were getting too many faults with it.  Whether this information precedes or dates yours I've no idea!

As an interesting (or not) aside I recently went with Minerva (again) to get a set of mi's done whilst I wait for my MA's to get the cable redone.  Now it seems that my ears prefer silicone to acrylic as my right ear fit straight off the bat.  No fit issues nothing, my left ear needs a little bit of fitting but it fits as well.  I mentioned the word "again" as I previously had an mi3 (not the best it has to be said) done and they got the right ear first time on that as well!  So why didn't I stick with them?  Because they couldn't get my left ear correct!!  There's always something.  Maybe I ought to get CE to do my left ear and Minerva to do my right ear and run it out of two mp3 players for left and right, that'd be different!

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #2,354 of 5,310
According to Phil, they've had to drop the remote as they were getting too many faults with it.  Whether this information precedes or dates yours I've no idea!

As an interesting (or not) aside I recently went with Minerva (again) to get a set of mi's done whilst I wait for my MA's to get the cable redone.  Now it seems that my ears prefer silicone to acrylic as my right ear fit straight off the bat.  No fit issues nothing, my left ear needs a little bit of fitting but it fits as well.  I mentioned the word "again" as I previously had an mi3 (not the best it has to be said) done and they got the right ear first time on that as well!  So why didn't I stick with them?  Because they couldn't get my left ear correct!!  There's always something.  Maybe I ought to get CE to do my left ear and Minerva to do my right ear and run it out of two mp3 players for left and right, that'd be different!

That's really too bad, I think my information is outdated then. I was looking forward to being able to control my music while on the go.  
You don't need two MP3 players; if Miverva uses the same standard connector just plug one of each into the same cable :) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back