Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #2,131 of 5,310
Just curious, for those that already have a pair of CEs, did anyone receive an Otterbox with theirs?

No otter case but you do get a cloth pouch and a nice zipper clam style case. Fine for the headphones and cable but I use a westone case instead as that has enough space for iems and clip plus. http://www.cosmicears.com/user-gallery/ second one along. Cheers

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #2,132 of 5,310
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I wasn't using "old" as a synonym for "worse", more to differentiate the cables from what we have come to think of as "new". In that sense, it is accurate to say that the cables I will receive are not the new design which, it would seem, are one of the main factors in why I have had to wait so long.

Given my experience thus far of dealing with Phil I have no doubt that even the "old" cables will still be very good quality, so I have no worry in that sense - it would just have been nice to get them 2 months sooner! (That's only possible to say in hindsight, however...)

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #2,133 of 5,310
Right, I didn't think so, but I could've sworn I've seen a Cosmic Ears branded Otterbox somewhere...

EDIT: Here it is! My mistake, it wasn't CE-branded. But it did sound like two cases were included... http://www.head-fi.org/t/626714/cosmic-ears-new-ciem-company-with-crazy-low-prices-including-hybrid-designs/870#post_8860716

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #2,134 of 5,310
Yes, I did get an Otterbox with mine, but it was by way of an apology from Phil. I had ordered an additional cable for my HY3 when I placed the order, and it was at the time of the first cable shortage. Phil was unable to supply the additional cable at the time so sent me an Otterbox with his compliments as an apology, with a promise to ship the cable as soon as he had more stock. A promise that he kept by the way, without me having to prompt him. Yet another example of Phil caring about his customers and their experience of his products and business.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #2,135 of 5,310
I didn't get an otter box with mine.
The prices are so low though that it was a surprise to get a clam shell, I half expected to just get a cardboard box!

I personally use an old Ultimate Ears tin as it's pretty sturdy.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #2,136 of 5,310
Quote:
Yes, I did get an Otterbox with mine, but it was by way of an apology from Phil. I had ordered an additional cable for my HY3 when I placed the order, and it was at the time of the first cable shortage. Phil was unable to supply the additional cable at the time so sent me an Otterbox with his compliments as an apology, with a promise to ship the cable as soon as he had more stock. A promise that he kept by the way, without me having to prompt him. Yet another example of Phil caring about his customers and their experience of his products and business.

That's actually very nice of him, I had a similar experince with German Maestro, their customer service is top level too. I am sure I will get something from CE when Phil setups all his business and start doing the job normally. When all the issues (like cables) are solved, I will get into the game too 
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #2,137 of 5,310
Quote:
I didn't get an otter box with mine.
The prices are so low though that it was a surprise to get a clam shell, I half expected to just get a cardboard box!

You joke, but I once really did receive a custom IEM just shoved inside a ziplock bag. Cardboard would have been a step up at that point! The manufacturer is not around any more..... wonder why?

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #2,139 of 5,310
Just had a bit of a realization last night, if my maths (not my best subject ever!) is right then next month (middle of july) will be 12 months since Phil and I started this.  No wonder Phil described it as "epic"!

That's got to be some sort of record I'm thinking!  Hopefully should be getting a pair of fitted ma's in the post this week but even they haven't been simple as I thought they would be.  First one a)died on me (faulty batch)and right ear didn't fit due to the strain relief stopping it sealing in the right ear so back it went.  Got the replacement model (had to sadly drop down to the ma1's as the new twin driver is too big for my micro shells) back and the right ear had a good fit but needed thickening up as I got a seal but it wouldn't hold consistently making the ear sore, so I'm expecting that one this week!

If anything good has come out of all this it's the pre fit service as I was the guinea pig for it.  It was phil's experience with my issues that led to that being introduced as standard!  I think it also demonstrates Phils willingness to go above and beyond, and I'm not sure of many companies (particularly start up ones like CE that had their own fair share of problems such as cables to start with)who would have kept going like this (mind you I find it ironic that I reckon my postage costs could probably have paid for a one way (at least) trip out to sweden to get this sorted in the first place!).

If anyone's been reading this thread and not sure about Cosmic Ears, you really couldn't be in safer hands.

Cheers

PS I'm basing my reckoning of time on the fact that I went and got my impressions the week of the olympic procession where I live, I am willing to be corrected on it but figure it's there or there abouts! 

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #2,141 of 5,310
Hey Cosmic Ears owners,

I have a pair of Vsonic GR06's that I really like, but I was thinking of getting a pair of Cosmic CIEM's to get a better fit and seal than the Vsonics.  Do those who've tried the BA1 think that it would be sufficiently worth it to upgrade the GR06's or would it be worth my while to spend a bit more on the BA2's?

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2,143 of 5,310
Gah, quite annoyed. I was speaking to Phil at Cosmic Ears yesterday and he was going to get my order for a set of BA2s put through this week after I'd checked the prices for impressions. Nowhere in my immediate area does them for less than £70! This is one of the times I regret not being able to drive.

Back me up guys, that's a ridiculous price right? I'm sure it only cost about £30-£40 when I have my Minerva Mi-3s fitted last year.

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #2,145 of 5,310
Quote:
Gah, quite annoyed. I was speaking to Phil at Cosmic Ears yesterday and he was going to get my order for a set of BA2s put through this week after I'd checked the prices for impressions. Nowhere in my immediate area does them for less than £70! This is one of the times I regret not being able to drive.

Back me up guys, that's a ridiculous price right? I'm sure it only cost about £30-£40 when I have my Minerva Mi-3s fitted last year.

Try the opticians near you, specsavers and leightons hearing both quoted around £20 to £30 for impressions.

Should be getting my ma's and tf10 by friday now.  Mix up in the lab with phils instructions, so he's made the shipping expedited to make up for it.

Edit it was september last year I started this whole malarky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back