Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #2,092 of 5,310
Got a response on Monday about my unique situation.

"It's been Epic" according to phil.  Apparantly my ears aren't particularly small but they are not the standard sort of size either (figures!).  He reckons the reason we have had all this trouble is that my ear muscle wall is a bit thicker (no jokes please!) than normal.

Cheers

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #2,093 of 5,310
Quote:
I'm hoping someone here hears the newer BA4F version to give us an idea of how it sounds compared the the old version. I'm in a tough debate between the BA4F and the HY3

Not sure many people have the original BA4 much less both. Maybe I can get my hands on the new version one of these days... if so I'll post impressions. In theory it sounds like an exceptional value, since the only complaint I have about the BA4 is the lightweight impact. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #2,094 of 5,310
Quote:

Not sure many people have the original BA4 much less both. Maybe I can get my hands on the new version one of these days... if so I'll post impressions. In theory it sounds like an exceptional value, since the only complaint I have about the BA4 is the lightweight impact. 

Actually on that point go read the face book page as they have decided again to rename it!

"BA4 and BA4R.

We are about to release the BA4 and would like to give some clarification. The BA4 was developed for the professional market being a true reference monitor, due to overwhelming response for a more everyday "fun" sound we have tweaked the BA4 to give some more low end and to be more powerful across the spectrum being easier to drive. We have decided to standardise this configuration to the BA4 and for those who want a pure reference monitor this will be available as a no cost option to the BA4 and will have the model designation of BA4R.

BA4 - fun, powerful and suitable for almost all genres.
BA4R - incredible neutral, a pure reference monitor."

Cheers

PS Nice to see swedish post is as reliable as the uk.  I imagine CE got the equivalent of our "tried to deliver" letter this morning even though they are a business :)

Cheers

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #2,095 of 5,310
Quote:

Awesome, I'd appreciate it if you do. BTW I see you mentioned that the HY3 were a significant upgrade to the TF10, would you say it's worth it to get the TF10 reshelled then?

Also, I'm curious to find out how the HY5 will sound, especially compared to something like the ES5

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #2,096 of 5,310
Quote:

PS Nice to see swedish post is as reliable as the uk.  I imagine CE got the equivalent of our "tried to deliver" letter this morning even though they are a business :)

Cheers

Swedish post lost a portable amp of mine I sent to Phil to try out. I disagree as a result
rolleyes.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #2,097 of 5,310
Quote:

Swedish post lost a portable amp of mine I sent to Phil to try out. I disagree as a result
rolleyes.gif

They have lost several items for me (but most of the time they just arrive several weeks late) I went to the post office today to send away ear impressions to Custom Art in Poland and they asked me if Poland is in Europe
confused.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #2,098 of 5,310
Quote:

They have lost several items for me (but most of the time they just arrive several weeks late) I went to the post office today to send away ear impressions to Custom Art in Poland and they asked me if Poland is in Europe
confused.gif

Well, what did you tell them? 
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #2,100 of 5,310
Happy Swedish national day!  

confused.gif

LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back