Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #2,071 of 5,310
Quote:
He was available 30 min ago, I did discuss with him by email.

Here's the email adress I used : info@cosmicears.com

Oh thank you very much, i've just sent another mail.

May 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #2,072 of 5,310
Quote:
I walk around all the time with my CIEMs, no troubles. You just have to be very careful and be very cautious of your surroundings.

Yeah I'd walk in them... but somehow I feel like running is more dangerous?

Quote:

Nice! So it looks like more than just the crossover was tweaked in the "regular" fun BA4 - apparently it's more powerful and easier to drive too.

May 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #2,074 of 5,310
Maybe there are a lot of costumers wanna-be because i've got no luck with Phil so far.

:frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

May 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #2,076 of 5,310
Quote:
He was out of the office earlier. I'm sure he has a lot of work and has to answer to every single one personally. Let's give him a break :wink:

yes i can imagine.
But i got him finally!
can't wait to see my order open..

May 23, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #2,077 of 5,310
BA4 and BA4R. 

We are about to release the BA4 and would like to give some clarification. The BA4 was developed for the professional market being a true reference monitor, due to overwhelming response for a more everyday "fun" sound we have tweaked the BA4 to give some more low end and to be more powerful across the spectrum being easier to drive. We have decided to standardise this configuration to the BA4 and for those who want a pure reference monitor this will be available as a no cost option to the BA4 and will have the model designation of BA4R.

BA4 - fun, powerful and suitable for almost all genres.
BA4R - incredible neutral, a pure reference monitor.

Ok so, the new BA4 is actually the BA4f. I like it cosmicears!

May 23, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #2,079 of 5,310
Is the Apple remote cable still available? And is it detachable? If not, is there a detachable cable out there that has play/vol controls?

UPDATE - nevermind, got a response from them on facebook, very quick I might add! The Apple cable is fixed, and they are currently developing a detachable cable with controls. Yes!!!

May 24, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #2,081 of 5,310
Quote:
I haven't received a response to even be able to put in an order for one (my shop is still disabled). It's been 2-3 days.

Considering the cable shortage, do you think I should start shopping around for audiologists right now or hold off?

I registered on March 19th and haven't heard a peep (nor is the shop enabled for me). I reckon it's time I start looking at other brands, unfortunately.

May 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #2,082 of 5,310
Quote:
I registered on March 19th and haven't heard a peep (nor is the shop enabled for me). I reckon it's time I start looking at other brands, unfortunately.

OMG i've just registered, i was planning to ship the impressions next week, monday maybe O_O

May 25, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #2,083 of 5,310
Well here's a post that's somewhat different to my others.

I work in a scanning office.  Two to three very large scanners going most of the time (ibml image trac if anyone want's a reference!) along with the three smaller scanners (kodak I620) one of which I use.  These are running most of the day (two shifts, 6-2 2-10, I'm 8:30 4:30) so that along with the usual coming and going of staff it can as you imagine get quite noisy which is why I started looking at iems and then customs in the first place to block out the noise.  Unfortunately I am blind on my right side.  That's not normally an issue as I sit facing forward and can see everything going around me or coming towards me. 

However yesterday was different, as my scanner decided it was throwing a hissy fit and didn't want to work properly so I had to swop.  So now I'm facing forward, got that?  Good.  So I decide to give the ma models another spin just to see if I am right in that they need to go back (they do, I get a seal but it doesn't hold and makes my ear sore after a while so I guess it needs thickening up!)I've had them in for about half an hour, running out of an ipod classic with the volume fairly low.  Two of the large machines running, plus mine.   I'm concentrating on my screen when suddenly I jump as something touches my shoulder.  I take my iems out and turn, there's a colleague there and says to me "I've been trying to get your attention for the last five minutes!"  Hadn't heard a thing :)  I explained and we both had a good laugh about it!

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that for anyone who's interested in the ma's but worried about isolation don't be.  It seems fine.  I just can't wait to get them back with the fit sorted.  My only regret is that its' the single version (I think phil said that the ma2 driver was too big for my shells!).  It's pleasent  enough but lacks that something.  Don't know if it'll change after it's been thickened.

Cheers

May 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #2,084 of 5,310
Quote:
Well here's a post that's somewhat different to my others.

I work in a scanning office.  Two to three very large scanners going most of the time (ibml image trac if anyone want's a reference!) along with the three smaller scanners (kodak I620) one of which I use.  These are running most of the day (two shifts, 6-2 2-10, I'm 8:30 4:30) so that along with the usual coming and going of staff it can as you imagine get quite noisy which is why I started looking at iems and then customs in the first place to block out the noise.  Unfortunately I am blind on my right side.  That's not normally an issue as I sit facing forward and can see everything going around me or coming towards me. 

However yesterday was different, as my scanner decided it was throwing a hissy fit and didn't want to work properly so I had to swop.  So now I'm facing forward, got that?  Good.  So I decide to give the ma models another spin just to see if I am right in that they need to go back (they do, I get a seal but it doesn't hold and makes my ear sore after a while so I guess it needs thickening up!)I've had them in for about half an hour, running out of an ipod classic with the volume fairly low.  Two of the large machines running, plus mine.   I'm concentrating on my screen when suddenly I jump as something touches my shoulder.  I take my iems out and turn, there's a colleague there and says to me "I've been trying to get your attention for the last five minutes!"  Hadn't heard a thing :)  I explained and we both had a good laugh about it!

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that for anyone who's interested in the ma's but worried about isolation don't be.  It seems fine.  I just can't wait to get them back with the fit sorted.  My only regret is that its' the single version (I think phil said that the ma2 driver was too big for my shells!).  It's pleasent  enough but lacks that something.  Don't know if it'll change after it's been thickened.

Cheers

That's why I can never go back once I went custom. NYC subway noise is no match when I'm wearing customs.

May 26, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #2,085 of 5,310
That's funny, cause I work next to scanners too, but of a different kind. I work in a DRAM/NAND manufacturing plant (Micron Technologies in VA) and all the machines combined, it can be quite noisy. It never gets to a level of annoyance though. Photolithography - tracks/scanners aka cluster tools. The CIEMs I'm considering are for work too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back