Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #1,726 of 5,310
Well, as I said I didn't demo them. I asked Phil to learn his opinion about his products, he is making and tuning them so he knows the sound characteristic of his ciems. I saw that he is very helpful and do his best to explain things. He told me that if I am looking for flat sounding ciem, I should get either BA4 or BA2. I as his own words, these are the 2 ciems sounds flat compared to others. Probably the others have kind of fun or/and V shaped sound.

I trust that guy. I have a German-MAESTRO GMP 8.35D and it is not like world wide known company product. However in that small and professional companies you can get the most helpful customer services. In GM, Mr. Thomas helped me a lot and I am 100% satisfied customer of them. Now I am looking for a CIEM to use on to go, Phil and his company gave me the same feeling as I have in GM. So I trust and keep his word and surely get BA4 as soon as my wallet is ok-ish with that.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #1,727 of 5,310
so exactly how long phil's email reply AmberOzL?
I asked phil about the BA4 and got a 1 sentence reply with which I couldn't piece any information from what he said.
I would much rather wait for a full review first before raving about it

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #1,728 of 5,310
It was a few sentences not so long. But we talked more than just 1 email and he is rather kind and helpful person I found. Also the emails became longer too I have to say 
smily_headphones1.gif

I also learned that BA4 and BA2 is flat sounding but he actually personally prefers V sounding and his suggestions for V shaped sound BA3 and BA5. He is not sure how BA6 will end up so preferd not to say many things about it, since they are still developing it. I think he has more projects in his mind so all I can say is, I am gonna stick with this guy and get my analytical CIEM from him.

Selling products isn't the most important thing in this business. I think he does the best by helping to soon-to-be-customers and giving a very good customer service. I keep on talking with him through emails, I can't say much about his future projects but as a real music lover I can give my word that, he is really willing to help and does his best to give persons who is interested in his products. He knows my situation that I am not gonna order a pair tomorrow (sigh, student life) but he still gives little hints for me to wait a product that suits best for my preferences.

I say, you shouldn't give up try to ask more maybe a little bit more specific questions. He always replies and explain things.

EDIT: Okay guys, there is a mistake in the post, I misunderstood one of his words. His prefered sound signature is flat, not V shaped. Sorry about that, competely my lack of english and excitement about his products.

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #1,731 of 5,310
Phil told me that he has a lot of emails to reply, that's why answers can be short sometimes. He is doing his best and working late all the time. I can understand in this area you can't get other ciem they are all expensive.

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,732 of 5,310
So when can we actually order these? I've been waiting since October I think.
What have they been doing all this time? I remember the cables going out of stock and then the BA4 was announced, now they list loads of products but still no ordering.

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #1,733 of 5,310
Quote:
So when can we actually order these? I've been waiting since October I think.
What have they been doing all this time? I remember the cables going out of stock and then the BA4 was announced, now they list loads of products but still no ordering.

BA2, HY2, and HY3 are currently available if you email Phil, but the new cables are not available yet so you will get an old cable. I don't think he will make anything available on the website until the new cables arrive.

Quote:
BA3 is tuned to be a bit more fun than flat.

Yes the BA3 apparently has more bass than the other BA models (not including the BA2XB experiment).

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #1,734 of 5,310
Who'd have thought it could be so hard to source a decent cable supply? That must be so frustrating for Phil as well as everyone here who is chomping at the bit! How has he coped with no income for all this time, he must have won the euro millions lottery 
eek.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #1,736 of 5,310
Quote:
Who'd have thought it could be so hard to source a decent cable supply? That must be so frustrating for Phil as well as everyone here who is chomping at the bit! How has he coped with no income for all this time, he must have won the euro millions lottery 
eek.gif

He still sells some product in his local area (Sweden). Probably not a ton but enough to make a living as he waits for everything to come together. Phil has a lot of business experience and from when I first spoke with him (well over a year ago by now) he was really focused on having a proper launch without any weird delays. Well, obviously that ship has sailed.... but in a sense, he still hasn't really "launched" yet in the broader sense. Everything thus far has sort of been a trial run - there have been various projects, beta testers, etc, but once all the pieces fall into place it will be a regular website that anyone can order from.

The cables - wow, what a saga. Phil ended up going the extra mile (extra few miles really) with regards to ensuring quality, reliability, and availability. Basically once the new cables are set he should never have to worry about cable issues again. Which is a problem that many CIEM companies have faced. So I think the extra waiting is a worthwhile tradeoff. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #1,737 of 5,310
Quote:

Ask where you can get the watch to complement your BA4. Come on, you NEED it! 
eek.gif

I asked the same thing, figuring it was some megabuck brand. It looks really nice but I don't know a thing about watches. Turns out it's just some $20 cheapie that he thought looked nice. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #1,738 of 5,310
Quote:
I asked the same thing, figuring it was some megabuck brand. It looks really nice but I don't know a thing about watches. Turns out it's just some $20 cheapie that he thought looked nice. 

Ah ah, then you should really get it. 
biggrin.gif
 Recently, I modeled for the watch section of a magazine; the watches I wore on that day were all worth more than 6 months of my salary. Oh, except one, that was only worth more than 5 months of my salary. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #1,739 of 5,310

Users who are viewing this thread

Back