Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Dec 26, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #1,277 of 5,310
damn. Wish cosmic would come out with the BA4 already cause the right side of my CIEM just died and don't have other ciems. :frowning2:
Well now they are in and out, hope they last till I get another set of CIEM and then definitely have to ask inearz if they would repair them for me. Btw, I don't know if anyone here has an interest for the Westone epic mics cable but I just emailed them today asking about it and apparently they are working on enhancing it. Just thought I'd share that with you guys in case anyone was interested in that cable.

Dec 27, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #1,280 of 5,310
Quote:
damn. Wish cosmic would come out with the BA4 already cause the right side of my CIEM just died and don't have other ciems. :frowning2:
Well now they are in and out, hope they last till I get another set of CIEM and then definitely have to ask inearz if they would repair them for me. Btw, I don't know if anyone here has an interest for the Westone epic mics cable but I just emailed them today asking about it and apparently they are working on enhancing it. Just thought I'd share that with you guys in case anyone was interested in that cable.

FWIW, someone (think it was in the inearz thread) had a soldier joint go on his reshells from Fisher.  Despite being only 6 months old they quoted $40 for repair!

Cheers

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #1,281 of 5,310
Quote:
FWIW, someone (think it was in the inearz thread) had a soldier joint go on his reshells from Fisher.  Despite being only 6 months old they quoted $40 for repair!

Cheers

Wow, I honestly think it's wrong of them to not stand behind their work. I know a lot of people have had great experience with them but damn, now that I think back I honestly feel quite the opposite. My shells were sort of poorly made with bubbles in the canal and one of the bores look weird and I was also promised a case a million times but was never given a case. I ordered with rush order but the total build time was around the standard build time (wasted money on that one) and also reshelling was a headache too because they promised be it would be done on a certain time twice but it wasn't done. Honestly don't know if I'd ever go back to them. On the bright side it seems like my monitors are fine now. *Fingers crossed!*
Happy Holidays guys! :)

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #1,282 of 5,310
Quote:
Wow, I honestly think it's wrong of them to not stand behind their work. I know a lot of people have had great experience with them but damn, now that I think back I honestly feel quite the opposite. My shells were sort of poorly made with bubbles in the canal and one of the bores look weird and I was also promised a case a million times but was never given a case. I ordered with rush order but the total build time was around the standard build time (wasted money on that one) and also reshelling was a headache too because they promised be it would be done on a certain time twice but it wasn't done. Honestly don't know if I'd ever go back to them. On the bright side it seems like my monitors are fine now. *Fingers crossed!*
Happy Holidays guys! :)

if it's an intermitten problem, it could be a problem with your cable. my JH16 was exactly the same way until i changed my cable and then all my problems went away

Dec 27, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #1,284 of 5,310
Quote:
if it's an intermitten problem, it could be a problem with your cable. my JH16 was exactly the same way until i changed my cable and then all my problems went away

Yup, it was definitely the cable. Luckily I have more than one cable!

Dec 28, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #1,286 of 5,310
Considering most of my problems with CIEMs have come from the sockets becoming too loose or the cable bending at the joint, i'd very much prefer the recessed version. the flush sockets would allow you to use aftermarket cables with your IEMs.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #1,287 of 5,310
I finally have my Flex Twins in my ears.  After a year and two companies, I finally have CIEMs. 

Please take my first impressions with a grain of salt.  I would consider myself an audiophile, but not an overly critical one.  I do not believe I am trained enough to make expert observations, I mainly go with what I like.

And in this case, I LOVE it.  The fit is perfect.  I'm a bit chuffed since these are my first CIEMs AND I did the impressions completely by myself.  It took a little bit of learning on my part on how to get them to fit properly.  At first I thought I would have to have the left side re shelled.  But alas, it was just my lack of knowledge.  the isolation is on par with my Etymotic MC5s with triple flange tips.  Definitely enough  to drown out any other noise with music playing.

The sound is great.  I have not had a burn in period, but will do so tonight/tomorrow.  My everyday headphones prior were Etymotic MC5s, which are a bit brighter and analytical. I tend to like the Etymotic style of sound.  I also have HE-300s for my desktop rig, and I would say the Twins are closer to that.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  The bass is much better than the MC5s, but not overpowering, like with my MEE A151 or M6.  With those, the bass was too overpowering, and much too muddy and I found them impossible to listen too.  I would consider these more fun, a bit more lively.  The soundstage is fantastic, the best of anything I have, other than my actual desktop speakers.  Like I said, I do not have any "super" audio products and I cannot give a really good description compared to a gold standard.  But in this case, I find everything excellent.  I am looking forward to many many hours of great listening. 

If you have any questions, please let me know. I will answer to the best of my abilities.

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #1,288 of 5,310
Nice!  How about some pics to liven the thread up a bit please?

I'm still baffled as to why my ears seem to be so awkward to make customs for, I thought that was the whole point!

Cheers

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #1,289 of 5,310
Quote:
Nice!  How about some pics to liven the thread up a bit please?

I'm still baffled as to why my ears seem to be so awkward to make customs for, I thought that was the whole point!

Cheers

Didn't work out again? :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #1,290 of 5,310
I'm still discussing the situation with Phil.  Because of the christmas/new year period (plus the fact that he was away before christmas)we decided to put a hold on it till the new year :)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back