Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 13, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #5,192 of 5,310
i use 100 on dx90 and i can hear some hissing. i wonder what that rev33 is? a cable? from which company?

Hissing may cause by the music source or the player itself. I don't think rev33 can reduce hiss from these 2 sources, but something that you can't hear but may damage your ears, according to my understanding. But i think it is a good device to help with your ear's life and maybe the headphone itself. I cant tell much different using it or not, but after listening with rev33 i feel better with my ears, thats what i think.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #5,193 of 5,310
i use 100 on dx90 and i can hear some hissing. i wonder what that rev33 is? a cable? from which company?

Hissing may cause by the music source or the player itself. I don't think rev33 can reduce hiss from these 2 sources, but something that you can't hear but may damage your ears, according to my understanding. But i think it is a good device to help with your ear's life and maybe the headphone itself. I cant tell much different using it or not, but after listening with rev33 i feel better with my ears, thats what i think.

According to their communication, it takes out some interfering "noise" (from your headphones, your cable, etc.) without altering or processing in any manner the music itself. For example, the interferences which come from the drivers of your earphones moving.
It is something you connect to your DAP and you connect the earphones to the Rev33. There are several models of Rev33 depending on the earphones as they are tuned in a different manner depending on your earphones.

I believe it is firstly addressed to the musicians who perform on stage with earphones and that is why I am very curious to know how it behaves for casual or audiophile listening.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #5,194 of 5,310
According to their communication, it takes out some interfering "noise" (from your headphones, your cable, etc.) without altering or processing in any manner the music itself. For example, the interferences which come from the drivers of your earphones moving.
It is something you connect to your DAP and you connect the earphones to the Rev33. There are several models of Rev33 depending on the earphones as they are tuned in a different manner depending on your earphones.

I believe it is firstly addressed to the musicians who perform on stage with earphones and that is why I am very curious to know how it behaves for casual or audiophile listening.

We do not know if the device is actually working, unless we have professional device to check if any frequency or current changes after using the device. What I talk about is my feeling, just my through. Also reducing ear fatigue doesn't mean that it will protect your ear, unless there are some proof of it.

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #5,195 of 5,310
Hey guys. I have a beautiful pair of BA4's with the unfortunate T2 connector. It seems that where the connector is on my right CIEM has been stressing the connector on the cable side as I've been through 5 cables all with the right side failing.

Anyone got any advice to shed on this? I can't quite justify spending another £80 for a new cable and a £175 reshell + cable is hella expensive for a BA4, I feel like at that cost I should just go get new CIEMS somewhere

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #5,196 of 5,310
  Hey guys. I have a beautiful pair of BA4's with the unfortunate T2 connector. It seems that where the connector is on my right CIEM has been stressing the connector on the cable side as I've been through 5 cables all with the right side failing.

Anyone got any advice to shed on this? I can't quite justify spending another £80 for a new cable and a £175 reshell + cable is hella expensive for a BA4, I feel like at that cost I should just go get new CIEMS somewhere

No advice just to let you know that I feel for you, I have had to change 2 cables and I have been treating the 3rd like a baby since. Despite of that the right connector is on its last legs on my CE6B and I am considering a reshell at some point to get the normal connector. I have been using them less and less because of that and it is a shame because they are fantastic however I just like you cannot justify the near £200 reshell fee and cable.

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #5,197 of 5,310
Some comfort in knowing I'm not the only one. It's a shame, the connector looks really nice, but it seems to be more important as to where this connector is places as the cables parts seem to not be quite up to the job, At least you've realised this at 2 cables. It took me 5 cables to realise. If I had a ce6 I'd get a reshell done, but for a BA4 the cost of a reshell vs what I originally paid isn't that much so it's a lot harder, I'm more tempted to throw em and explore something else.

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #5,198 of 5,310
That situation is too bad :/

I still have my CE6P in their lab (in the context if the 1 month refit guarantee). It should have the 2-Pin recessed connector, is their any particular known weakness with those ?

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #5,200 of 5,310
That situation is too bad :/

I still have my CE6P in their lab (in the context if the 1 month refit guarantee). It should have the 2-Pin recessed connector, is their any particular known weakness with those ?

Debatable, but I think better than mmcx which can become loose

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #5,201 of 5,310
Ok, thank you, I am reassured. I am already surviving with spare low quality earphones since February, I would be very sad if the cable was to have a problem as I have not planned any replacement cable

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #5,205 of 5,310
Has anyone here had experience with any other CIEM manufacturers? 

I've had 3 pairs of CIEMS from Cosmic, all with major issues and have been without one of my pairs since 2014 (They lost track of them). So understandably I don't really want to throw away any more money, however having had CIEMS I can't really imagine going back to universals and it's something I used almost every single day. Now having gone weeks without music I'm really feeling the need to get moving to get my music back!

Any help would be awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back