Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 24, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #5,161 of 5,310
Yea you're right, mostly I'd be using it at the office so wearing flows is not a big deal - if I got CIEMs I'd use them whilst commuting on occasion too I guess but that happens rarely so may not be worth it really,

For the occasional commute I wouldn't spend that much, save for something else. I'd try and find a universal iem with good isolation for those times.

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #5,162 of 5,310
Yes you are correct. They seem to have V shape like sound. I am in the process of getting them. I do like V shape sound. I hope they live up to expectations. Had Shure SE 535 molded to custom with 2 added drivers which I unfortunately lost recently.

That's too bad for your Shure pair ! It is not very common to mould universal and adding two drivers in the same time, is it ?
In a review of Ei.xx (in French), MrButchi described the sound as having W shape. He writes :

Cette signature, je la qualifierais de ‘W’ : j’ai plus ou moins réussi à la reproduire en appliquant à mes SE5 une égalisation à mi-chemin entre ‘Jazz’ et ‘Rock’, c’est-à-dire avec un creux vers 500Hz, un pic vers 1,5kHz, et un autre creux vers 2,5kHz.

... which means :

I would call this signature a W shaped signature : I could more or less reproduct this one by using an equalizer with my SE5 midway between 'Jazz" and 'Rock', that is to say with a hollow (?) around 500 Hz, a peak around 1,5 kHz and another hollow (?) around 2,5kHz.

I do not know if it helps.

LOL! Thanks for the heads up. Was beginning to worry they forgot about my order which has been in progress since March. Guess they're coming for Christmas.
biggrin.gif

Actually it worries me more than it reassures me. Had ordered in June, and I am litteraly surviving with semi-intra from the shopping mall since February, when I unfortunately broke my SM2v2... It is psychologically very hard ! I do hope we can receive our pairs soon though !
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #5,164 of 5,310
No it is not common to remold SE535. I did it because I managed to breake one earpiece. Remold was actually cheaper than new earpiece. Added 2 drivers bass and double driver high/mid cause I wanted to make them sound V shape.

Now I loved custom iem and will never go back to universal

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #5,165 of 5,310
  Ouais... on se croise les doigts! (translation for the non-francophiles: "Yeah... keeping fingers crossed")

Oh un français (?) !
wink.gif

Praying for an immediate perfect fit too !

No it is not common to remold SE535. I did it because I managed to breake one earpiece. Remold was actually cheaper than new earpiece. Added 2 drivers bass and double driver high/mid cause I wanted to make them sound V shape.

Now I loved custom iem and will never go back to universal

You really knew what sound you wanted, didn't you ?
tongue.gif

Those CE6P will be my first CIEM. Cannot wait to feel how they differ with universal !

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #5,167 of 5,310
if you are looking for budget ciem, take a look at the chinese yuein pop. 4000 cny for 6 drivers. the signature is pretty close to my ce6p. the plus is that they finish their production within 2 days from receiving the ear impression, to be exact 8hrs. but it seems that they don't offer custom artwork. i ordered mine a few months ago, not sure if they have custom artwork now.

flc8c and re1000 are also pretty good value, not the same sound sig though.

Sep 5, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #5,168 of 5,310
Do you know how to contact Cosmic Ears by any means other than email for a non UK resident ?

I sent an email more than two weeks ago (it did not wait explicitly for a reply but could have been subject to a confirmation that never came) and another one on last Friday morning but the two remain unanswered. I was wondering if maybe my emails dropped into their spam as I exchanged a lot with Cosmic Ears since last May.

Sep 5, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #5,169 of 5,310
  Do you know how to contact Cosmic Ears by any means other than email for a non UK resident ?

I sent an email more than two weeks ago (it did not wait explicitly for a reply but could have been subject to a confirmation that never came) and another one on last Friday morning but the two remain unanswered. I was wondering if maybe my emails dropped into their spam as I exchanged a lot with Cosmic Ears since last May.

they were on holidays but should be back now. There also is skype to contact them

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #5,175 of 5,310

Thank you for your reply, I just noticed that they had a contact form too on their website when I searched for their Skype ID.
Will try Skype if the message from the contact form remains unanswered too.

Thanks again !

Just to make a return, Phil found my email and answered it very early today. Thanks Phil !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back