Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 20, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #5,043 of 5,310
There are quite a few things I'm glad I did. one of them is that I took my strange ears to Cosmic Ears in England. I almost gave up the idea of ​​being able to have ciem after making two set of impressons that were not ok. Amelia told med that they never had a customer that they faild to make a produkct for. That gave me hope.

Despite my ear canals were anything but optimal for ciem Phil and the gang fixed so I today can enjoy my music everywhere without disturbing others.

I really love how my CE6P presents the music. This was probably not the last time I invest in ciem and probably not the last time I visit the gang in Stockport. I can not think of a better customer support.

Phil, Amelia, Robert and Beth. if you read this. I am so grateful that you did not give up. and thank you for your fantastic support. Hope to see you again.

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #5,044 of 5,310
Hi all! I've had a pair of CE6Es for about 6 months now and I'm absolutely loving them!!! Got them following Lieven's advice :wink:.
My only concern is that whatever I plug them into, there is always a faint hiss in the background. Any recommendations for a portable setup that would suit the CE6E better? I really want to find something dead silent.

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #5,045 of 5,310
Hi all! I've had a pair of CE6Es for about 6 months now and I'm absolutely loving them!!! Got them following Lieven's advice
wink.gif
My only concern is that whatever I plug them into, there is always a faint hiss in the background. Any recommendations for a portable setup that would suit the CE6E better? I really want to find something dead silent.

Yay! I'm glad you like them.
For IEM only I recommend the ALO RX or the Cypherlabs Picollo: dead quiet 
smile.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #5,046 of 5,310
Wow! thanks for the quick reply L!
How about the Picollo DAC? have you tried it? I'd like to avoid using the output jack of my phone, as android devices tend to have the audio cut out when the signal is very low. Its rather irritating... but I guess its a design choice for increasing battery life.

Also, when you say IEM only, do you mean that these amps are not so well suited for portable headphones (such as VK-1, MH40 or H6)?

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #5,047 of 5,310
Those amps are made for IEM and very easy to drive headphones like the L2, portapro, etc. that being said, my audeze's sound great out of the Picollo, the Rx not so.
The Picollo could very well drive the H6 and Master headphones.

I have the picollo DAC as well, and the difference in sound is limited, you can read all about it in my pdac review :wink:

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #5,052 of 5,310
Got a question about the linum t2 cable. Is it easy possible to rewire a new jack. Are this normal wires or these fiber optic **** like in any other cheap iem....
Or is there an alternative with t2 pin on market. CE are out of stock....

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #5,053 of 5,310
Kind of a noob question here.
If I can hear a hiss when I plug my ciem directly into my android phone, will putting an amp such as the picollo in the chain reduce that hiss?
The way I see it, the amp will simply amplify the noise of the source. Or is there some magic in there that will "cancel" the noise?

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #5,055 of 5,310
Got a question about the linum t2 cable. Is it easy possible to rewire a new jack. Are this normal wires or these fiber optic **** like in any other cheap iem....
Or is there an alternative with t2 pin on market. CE are out of stock....

Check Linum.dk

Kind of a noob question here.
If I can hear a hiss when I plug my ciem directly into my android phone, will putting an amp such as the picollo in the chain reduce that hiss?
The way I see it, the amp will simply amplify the noise of the source. Or is there some magic in there that will "cancel" the noise?

Yes the picollo will remove the hiss. Your monitors seem to be too sensitive for the phone. I do advise you to go for the picollo DAC, it will remove the hiss and improve your sound on all fronts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back