Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 26, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #4,666 of 5,310
  Guys

It is worrying that I am seeing people not getting responses from us, this definitely should not be the case as I have checked and we don't have any outstanding emails from longer than 3 days. Could you please email us the query again and we will check our email system/spam filter etc.

Phil

Hi Phil! I just sent a new email, thanks !

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #4,667 of 5,310
John Culter already sold his NT-6 but I don't think he updated his classified.

Greed is selling his NT-6 (search the classifieds if you are interested).

I talked to InEarz and they confirmed that they made several reshells of NT-6, but other headfier told me that InEarz will not replace drivers and InEarz confirmed this. Then I confirmed from my other source that NT-6 is actually using proprietary drivers. Due to this I resigned.
BTW, Hidition reshell fee is USD 330 plus USD 60 for shipping.

Regarding proprietary drivers: AFAIK JH13pro uses proprietary drivers so their reshelling is also risky so NT-6 is not special in this respect.
However, IMHO with CIEMs using proprietary drivers you have to ask yourself whether you want to take the risk. My answer to this question (in respect of NT-6 where the total investment would be of approx. USD 1,000) was No.

I don't think i'd pull trigger on NT-6, cause the reviews about it has been a mix reactions. And yeah, have also decided that my next CIEM would be a 'fun' CIEM ( i wouldn't mention brands or names here, but you get the idea for sure )

And i'm on the same page with you on that, apart from those two, there are still fishes in the sea, we never are short of options :D

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #4,668 of 5,310
Hi,

New to the forum and this is my first post. Done a bunch of IEMs, last one was the ue900, and ordered the ce4p in mid march. Still in impression detailing status.

Have there been any reviews of the ce4p? Only found a couple of the BA4. Would be nice to read a test before receiving the iems.

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #4,669 of 5,310
  Hi,

New to the forum and this is my first post. Done a bunch of IEMs, last one was the ue900, and ordered the ce4p in mid march. Still in impression detailing status.

Have there been any reviews of the ce4p? Only found a couple of the BA4. Would be nice to read a test before receiving the iems.

Welcome to the Head fi!! we are sorry for your wallet 
tongue.gif

I ordered CE6P and CE1w in march as well, at the start of the month, and I expect my CE6P to come by the next weekend. There's a lil bit of delay due to easter.

so far I haven't seen one of CE4p, but I think blueangel2323 and daftpolecat have one, and this is a posting from blueangel2323 about it

'That's what I assumed too, because that was the naming convention for the 6-driver. But Phil told me this was not the case. The CE4P is the only 4-driver they still have and is the same as the BA4F, not the BA4R. The latter was discontinued completely and doesn't exist anymore.'

that was the answer to the confusing new name convention from CE
hope it helps!

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #4,671 of 5,310
I also have the CE4P. Must say I really really enjoy them. Compared to my Sennheiser IE8 they win out in all categories except bass presence and extension.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #4,673 of 5,310
I just got off the phone with Phil. 
(Website is currently being updated).

Some information and answers to questions from people:
  1. CE10 is not on the short-term horizon and won't be seen until the summer at the very least. He wasn't happy with recent results so there's work to do on design, let alone logistics.
  2. There may well be a CE8 on a similar time frame.
  3. He hopes that the turnaround time of 6-8 weeks will be shortened quite soon, with more staff.

Other things I asked him that might be helpful to some:
  1. As I suspected, smoked finishes are there because full transparency results in yellowing over time.
  2. You can request multiple demo units at the same time but this is subject to availability.
  3. He compared the difference between CE6E and CE6P to a bass boost setting on an amp.
  4. The pre-fit service involves receiving and trying the moulds before drivers are added. Recommended if you have concerns about how customs will feel, or if you're worried about an imperfect fit with the final product.
    1. The price seems fine in my opinion, to cover their time and shipping costs.
  5. They keep your physical impressions for up to 2 years (because you should get new impressions after this time) but in the coming months may look to migrate to digital copies.

Apr 10, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #4,674 of 5,310
  I just got off the phone with Phil. 
(Website is currently being updated).

Some information and answers to questions from people:
  1. CE10 is not on the short-term horizon and won't be seen until the summer at the very least. He wasn't happy with recent results so there's work to do on design, let alone logistics.
  2. There may well be a CE8 on a similar time frame.
  3. He hopes that the turnaround time of 6-8 weeks will be shortened quite soon, with more staff.

Other things I asked him that might be helpful to some:
  1. As I suspected, smoked finishes are there because full transparency results in yellowing over time
  2. You can request multiple demo units at the same time but this is subject to availability
  3. He compared the difference between CE6E and CE6P to a bass boost setting on an amp
  4. The pre-fit service involves receiving and trying the moulds before drivers are added. Recommended if you have concerns about how customs will feel, or if you're worried about an imperfect fit with the final product.
    1. The price seems fine in my opinion, to cover their time and shipping costs.
  5. They keep your physical impressions for up to 2 years (because you should get new impressions after this time) but in the coming months may look to migrate to digital copies.

Good information to have. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back