Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 24, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #4,294 of 5,310
Nice pics!  Still waiting on my micros to come back atm.  Mind you couldn't use them as my right ear is currently blocked :frowning2:  Ironically this was getting them cleared out by using the cerumoil drops.  They cleared the wax out ok,but left the residue inside my right ear that has, you guessed it blocked it again :frowning2:

Can anyone else add the ba2 to the cart or is it just my account again?  Everything else seems to be there.

Also what type of isolation are people getting with the ciems in acrylic?  Just wondering the difference between acrylic and silicone?

Thanks.

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #4,295 of 5,310
What that sounds like a really dumb error! Why wouldn't they siphon put the earwax?

The isolation with my CE4E is incredible. Whenever I have them on even if music is off people sounds like they are whispering ever so sweetly to me. :) Furthermore when driving I can't even feel the wind or more like the phenomena that comes from whering phones and high speed wind.

I look forward to saving for the CE6 in the future to see how the impact of the low end sounds on them.

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #4,296 of 5,310
Everything depends on the fit, in particular whether you have musician fit, but generally speaking silicone and acrylic isolate differently (they block different frequencies differently). So, although there are a lot of people having opinion thaht silicone isolates better, actually one should not say so.

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #4,297 of 5,310
Everything depends on the fit, in particular whether you have musician fit, but generally speaking silicone and acrylic isolate differently (they block different frequencies differently). So, although there are a lot of people having opinion thaht silicone isolates better, actually one should not say so.

Good point. Also one should consider the individual. People have slightly different ear muscle/cartlidge density and this can determine which is better Acrylic or Silicone. Most people have a soft ear muscle/cartlidge and Acrylic is a better choice for them as the hard Acrylic suits the softer muscle/cartlidg. On the flip side a few people have a harder muscle/cartlidge and thus with Silicone is a better choice being softer than Acrylic. This is one reason why some people prefer Acrylic to Silicone and vice versa.

The debate here though is not on which is better, it is on isolation. Personally I would say Silicone can provide a slightly better isolation although IMHO the difference is negligible, I personally would always take Acrylic. Isolation is 90% of the time down to the level of fit, this is why it is always important to have open mouth impressions and DO NOT talk whilst having them taken.

I wrote a post some time ago on the importance of a fit for a CIEM, it could be useful for those that have not seen it to have a look at it. post #3330

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #4,298 of 5,310
What that sounds like a really dumb error! Why wouldn't they siphon put the earwax?

The isolation with my CE4E is incredible. Whenever I have them on even if music is off people sounds like they are whispering ever so sweetly to me. :) Furthermore when driving I can't even feel the wind or more like the phenomena that comes from whering phones and high speed wind.

I look forward to saving for the CE6 in the future to see how the impact of the low end sounds on them.

Nice.  My right ear canal is slightly smaller than the left.  So when I use the cerumoil drops as prescribed what normally happens is that it dissolves the wax ok, but the residue instead of draining out gets blocked.  So I have to get that cleared instead!  Ironic really.  Left ear as ever is fine. 

Did get a very nice tax rebate yesterday which has set me pondering....

Sep 25, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #4,299 of 5,310
Good point. Also one should consider the individual. People have slightly different ear muscle/cartlidge density and this can determine which is better Acrylic or Silicone. Most people have a soft ear muscle/cartlidge and Acrylic is a better choice for them as the hard Acrylic suits the softer muscle/cartlidg. On the flip side a few people have a harder muscle/cartlidge and thus with Silicone is a better choice being softer than Acrylic. This is one reason why some people prefer Acrylic to Silicone and vice versa.

The debate here though is not on which is better, it is on isolation. Personally I would say Silicone can provide a slightly better isolation although IMHO the difference is negligible, I personally would always take Acrylic. Isolation is 90% of the time down to the level of fit, this is why it is always important to have open mouth impressions and DO NOT talk whilst having them taken.

I wrote a post some time ago on the importance of a fit for a CIEM, it could be useful for those that have not seen it to have a look at it. post #3330

Yeah, the crucial thing is to take impressions properly.

From comfort perspective I prefer acrylic as well :D BA4R was the best in this respect out of all my CIEMs which I owned up to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back