Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #4,262 of 5,310
  I will soon be joining the club as well, just placed my CE6P order and they already have my ear impressions so hopefully it will be a tiny bit of a shorter wait than getting my re-shelled SD2!

No idea what your sd2 reshell turn around time was but Phil has quoted me 5-6 weeks atm.  Obviously that can and will vary down to how busy they are.

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #4,264 of 5,310
Lucky for you guys :/ nonetheless I am very grateful for the service I have recieved to date. Not griping whatsoever but hopefully in the near next month and a half I recieve my monitors. I am so excited to see those beauties I may cry when I see them :p

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #4,269 of 5,310

Well the fact that you are in the states I would be leaning at least more to 1964 ears if only because of the transit times.   From what I can remember though (which isn't saying much) I would think they would have different sound signatures at least.  I thought the QI model was the bass model for 1964 whilst the ce4e leans to the more neutral side.

In other news my micros have gone back today for a touch of thickening up on the right side.  They would seal but then lose it after about 20 minutes or so.  I already miss them.  Tried using a pair of westone 3's at work today and got fed up trying to get a decent fit with the tips.  It's true what they say, once you've gone custom it's hard going back the other way.  In the end I gave up and shoved my sennhesier hd25-II's on instead.  Nice but as I wear glasses at work a bit awkward.

Sep 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #4,270 of 5,310

Reshelled TF10....

I've had a few CIEMs (UM, Jerry Harvey, Westone) but these are easily the best finished. They sound amazing and fit is perfect 1st time (3 refits with JH Audio). Now looking at another reshell for Westone ES5 purely for aesthetics.

Sep 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #4,271 of 5,310
Reshelled TF10....

I've had a few CIEMs (UM, Jerry Harvey, Westone) but these are easily the best finished. They sound amazing and fit is perfect 1st time (3 refits with JH Audio). Now looking at another reshell for Westone ES5 purely for aesthetics.

What beauties for reshells you got made there. Are those the Red Paua Shell faceplates you got there. Definitely a great reshell variation you chose there! 

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #4,272 of 5,310
I just received my new pair of CE6E from Cosmic Ears and they came with this awesome new "Otter" like hard box.

The box has an inlay to protect your monitors AND it comes with pluck foam so you can sculp the inside to how you want it to be.

From what I understand from Phil, the box will be for sale in a few weeks time. For the moment is is sent out with a selected number of (higher end) CIEMs.
The box is awesome for transporting your monitors, I can only advise to buy one from CE when they become available

Love it. Thanks Phil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back