Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 27, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #4,247 of 5,310
  OK folks, I think I am one of the first to get these :)

Here's my CE6P in a custom design, being a 'Stealth' look. Based on the angles you see on stealth fighters and finished in a translucent matt black finish.

I've only received them today, so haven't had a chance to give them a workout yet, but initial impressions of the sound are that it is stunning. Beautifully balanced to my ears, with just the right amount of bass, mids and trebles, soundstage is large and airy and separation is excellent. Clarity is excellent and I have them paired with a Fiio X5 playing FLAC files (16 bit) and the sound quality has blown me away. Without doubt, the best sound quality I have yet heard from anything I have listened to.

Will post back again in due course with further details regarding the sound, but all I can say at this point, is "Phil, you have excelled yourself".

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #4,248 of 5,310
Is it really CE6P meaning BA6R? Headfonia reviewed CE6E, a fuller sounding version of CE6P (this is my understanding although I can be wrong), and the review is very positive. I'm very interested in the review od CE6P which as I understand meant to be more analytical.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #4,252 of 5,310
Is it really CE6P meaning BA6R? Headfonia reviewed CE6E, a fuller sounding version of CE6P (this is my understanding although I can be wrong), and the review is very positive. I'm very interested in the review od CE6P which as I understand meant to be more analytical.

Yes, these are the more analytical version of the CE6E. I was slightly concerned that they wouldn't have enough bass for some of the EDM stuff I listen to, but conversations with Phil about this occurred and he felt that the 6P would be bassy enough for me, based on previous feedback I had given him about the HY3 and my reshelled TF10 that he did for me. Phil was absolutely right, these are not lacking in bass in any way, if the bass is in the music, it will be there in the 6P. No mid-bass bloat, just precise, impactful bass. Mids and trebles are in perfect balance too for me, with there being a bit more treble presence than the HY3, and that for me is a good thing, as I always felt there was just a tiny bit too much rolloff on the top end treble on the HY3.

I am normally in the habit of switching my IEM's in and out, depending on what I am listening to, and so far with the 6P I have not had to do that, they play everything I have thrown at them, flawlessly. 

I would exercise some caution if you are in the habit of playing low bitrate MP3's however, as there is a lot of detail presented in the 6P and if you have a poor recording, you are going to hear it. Frankly though, if you are buying £400+ CIEM's and playing low quality files on these, you need slapped :)

I haven't tried them amped yet, as my Fiio E07K has gone to a new home and I haven't yet bought a new portable amp; but connected to my Fiio X5, the 6P is utterly glorious. This quality of IEM I am fully expecting it to scale with gear though, I strongly suspect that if you have a decent amp and a decent source, these are going to be able to step up to the plate.

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #4,254 of 5,310
plashabios, thanks for the impressions. Did you own BA4? Can you compare them to CE6? I'm wonderning how big the upgrade is.

Unfortunately, I can't compare as I have not had a BA4. They are a huge jump up from my HY3 however, which were previously my favourite IEM.
I would certainly expect them to be a step upgrade from the BA4, but how big that step will be, I am not qualified to judge. You should talk to Phil and he will advise, I'm sure.

Proper impressions of the 6P I will post in due course, I want to spend a week with them first and try all manner of recordings with them.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #4,260 of 5,310
No rush order for me

Why do you say that. You can send in your impressions anytime for a ciem. Rush order or not
wink.gif

Lol, I completely misread that. I thought shotgunshane said he would get them next week :p

I'm going to send some empty shells to phil to see if the those 6 monitors might fit into my tiny ears...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back