Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #3,871 of 5,310
I am definitely guilty of buying into hype.  But I can't stop myself!  Only for whatever reason the new JHA Roxannes don't really appeal - massive cable with proprietary connectors suspiciously similar looking (if heftier) to the awful MMCX ones on the UE900.  

May 1, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #3,872 of 5,310
  I am definitely guilty of buying into hype.  But I can't stop myself!  Only for whatever reason the new JHA Roxannes don't really appeal - massive cable with proprietary connectors suspiciously similar looking (if heftier) to the awful MMCX ones on the UE900.  

I think at one point or another we're all guilty of buying into the hype. I used to think that my Jh16 was the end-all for me, and nothing less than 8 drivers per ear would suffice, but after getting the BA4 I have not used the 16s since.

May 1, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #3,873 of 5,310
I think at one point or another we're all guilty of buying into the hype. I used to think that my Jh16 was the end-all for me, and nothing less than 8 drivers per ear would suffice, but after getting the BA4 I have not used the 16s since.
Sooo you all are saying that 12 drivers isnt exactly the greatest thing ever? Per side :O...

May 2, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #3,874 of 5,310
Sooo you all are saying that 12 drivers isnt exactly the greatest thing ever? Per side :O...

No, all I'm saying is that sound is so subjective that you may not find 8/10/12 drivers as good as say a 3/4/6 driver IEM. For me, I've gone full circle on the drivers race, going from 2-3-6-8, and I've finally settled on a company that I feel takes pride in it's work and provides an extremely high price to performance ratio (the fact that my current workhorse CE4P only costs a fraction of my 16s makes me want to kick myself in the behind)

May 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #3,876 of 5,310
  Out of curiosity how many people here are waiting to order the CE6P?

Not me.  For some reason full shell customs and I don't mix that easily and it's a hassle every time.  I am more interested in the new micro range though :)

May 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #3,877 of 5,310

Not me.  For some reason full shell customs and I don't mix that easily and it's a hassle every time.  I am more interested in the new micro range though :)

Good for your wallet I guess
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #3,879 of 5,310
As much as I'd like one of everything, I've been waiting for the new hybrid.

I may cave and go for the BA4f (re-named CE4 now?) Instead though as my patience is getting the better of me ( plus the glowing impressions too! ).
The 6 will certainly bebeyond my means though, despite Cosmic's comparatively high value :frowning2:
Bon appetit to those who do get it though.

Is anyone who already has the 4 planning to get the 6?

May 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3,881 of 5,310

Good for your wallet I guess
biggrin.gif

There is that :)  It's a double edged sword.  I can't seem to go back to universals after trying out customs, but customs are such a pita for me that it's not worth the potential hassle.  I think I have unwittingly found out how to cure upgrade itis :)

May 3, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,882 of 5,310

There is that :)  It's a double edged sword.  I can't seem to go back to universals after trying out customs, but customs are such a pita for me that it's not worth the potential hassle.  I think I have unwittingly found out how to cure upgrade itis :)

What about headphones? I know portability and requiring much more power than average iem can be an issue but maybe it can solve your problems.

May 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #3,883 of 5,310

What about headphones? I know portability and requiring much more power than average iem can be an issue but maybe it can solve your problems.

Not enough isolation (have the hd25-II's and bw p5's) as I use the iems at work to block out noise (who want's to listen to people yakking all day when you are trying to concentrate :) ) and I can't wear glasses with them.  As I use a vdu monitor for about 7 hours a day that's somewhat of a necessity.  I have a pair of micro ma1's which work ok so use those or a westone 3 if I want more bass, but after customs tips just become irritating with the constant pressure that you don't get with a custom fit.  A pair of Cosmic Ears ma1's and a Sansa clip plus with a 64 gig card would make a nice starter rig or backup rig tbh!

May 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #3,884 of 5,310

I want to, though I might choose the CE5. I spoke with Phil about the soundsignature I like and he suggested the CE5 might be a better choice. I have a Unique Melody Miracle and it sounds great but it lacks sparkling highs to my taste. I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Anyway I hope to be able to hear one of them in the near future.

May 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #3,885 of 5,310

I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?

Not neccesarily. Details retrieval does not depend on the number of drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back