Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 30, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #3,862 of 5,310
have you read anything here or on the site and done the shop request?
wink.gif

May 1, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #3,863 of 5,310
quick question about the reshell service mates.. im planning to reshell my rockit sounds R50(dual knowles BA).. this will be my first ciem..im done buying comply tips..the tips only last for like 2weeks..im using the TS100 series and theyre not cheap..

i send cosmic ears an email and i receive a reply saying that they can reshell my R50..my question is what would be the best ear fit? is it maximum or comfortable?i replied on the email with the same question but im not recieving any updates yet..any suggestions mates?TIA

Sent from my lovely Nexus 7..

May 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #3,864 of 5,310
quick question about the reshell service mates.. im planning to reshell my rockit sounds R50(dual knowles BA).. this will be my first ciem..im done buying comply tips..the tips only last for like 2weeks..im using the TS100 series and theyre not cheap..

i send cosmic ears an email and i receive a reply saying that they can reshell my R50..my question is what would be the best ear fit? is it maximum or comfortable?i replied on the email with the same question but im not recieving any updates yet..any suggestions mates?TIA

It all depends on if you can tolerate the maximum fit which is normally for musicians. If you are not sure which one to go for you could always try the prefit service.

Good luck!

May 1, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #3,865 of 5,310
There have been a number of questions on the maximum v comfortable fit, so I will try to clarify. the distinction is how the CIEM feels in the ear and the level of isolation it provides.

1. Maximum Fit- This is a tight fit in the ear giving maximum isolation and seal, however some people can find it a little too tight and intrusive in the ear. 
  2. Comfortable Fit - This is a more relaxed fit, it still has an excellent isolation and seal, but it maybe possible to break the seal by sudden head movements or talking.

I wrote a post some time ago on the importance of a fit for a CIEM, it could be useful for those that have not seen it to have a look at it. post #3330

May 1, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #3,866 of 5,310
I'm having some Shure 530's reshelled by them at the moment, and opted for the maximum fit. The prefits came through a few days ago and were very comfortable with great isolation, so I told them to go ahead with the reshell. I'll let you know how it works out, but I'm pretty confident from the prefit service (and the service from Cosmic Ears in general) that they will be excellent.

May 1, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #3,867 of 5,310
@david and phil
as per phil's previous post..i think ill be getting the maximum fit..i play guitars with my band once in a while but mainly isolation is really what im aiming for..i listen to music more often rather than playing..

@eagunn
im not getting the prefit service yet on this reshell..my wife will kill me lol..as of now ill be getting the cheapest configuration i can get..
ill consider the prefit service once i made up my mind if ill go with ba6 or a hy5..

May 1, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #3,868 of 5,310
Instead of just fixing my ba4, the issue that has never happened before, I worked out a deal with Cosmic Ears to get it reshelled and get a BA2 made (for excercise) So I'm getting a Green BA2 made and my BA4 reshelled in purple steampunk both with new cables and connectors! I'm really looking forward to seeing this new cable, I currently use the tri cable clear which is fine and looks good but that new one, it looks super fancy.

Just wanted to add that despite how busy they are, whenever I've wanted to chat about their offerings etc I've received fast responses and it's really nice dealing with smaller companies like Cosmic Ears vs Ultimate Ears, the level of service I've gotten is just insane. There's very few companies that offer service like this. Even though this is a premium product, I was still impressed with everything I've experienced so far.

I cannot wait to get my new and updated CIEMS, I'll be posting many pictures when they arrive!

May 1, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #3,869 of 5,310
I'm saving for someone's flagship CIEM, and am eagerly awaiting news on what the BA6, CE6, or whatever it is Phil has up his sleeve. 

It would be lovely to try the really highly rated stuff like the 1964 V8s, Noble K10 or Spiral Ears SE5 etc.  However having had the excellent experience ordering my reshells from CE it's difficult to justify taking the risk on a different company (particularly as most are non-EU).

...I don't suppose there will be an update about a really high end contender in the near future, Phil??

May 1, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3,870 of 5,310
  I'm saving for someone's flagship CIEM, and am eagerly awaiting news on what the BA6, CE6, or whatever it is Phil has up his sleeve. 

It would be lovely to try the really highly rated stuff like the 1964 V8s, Noble K10 or Spiral Ears SE5 etc.  However having had the excellent experience ordering my reshells from CE it's difficult to justify taking the risk on a different company (particularly as most are non-EU).

...I don't suppose there will be an update about a really high end contender in the near future, Phil??

Price doesn't necessarily indicate value you know :p  CE6 (or BA6, or CBEA....) isn't even out the door yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back