Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 7, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,813 of 5,310
We are all here, sorry if there have been some delays.

We are super busy setting up the additional lab which a million other things we are trying to do, don't worry it will be worth the wait.
The new lab sounds like it'll bring both new prductivity and new products. Cautiously excited :D

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #3,814 of 5,310
Hi! I'm currently using a SE846 and would like to try out customs. My source is currently a rock-boxed sansa clip zip, and I am also looking to upgrade to either a DX50/90 or X3/5. Which model from CM should I try out? :)

Thanks!

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #3,816 of 5,310

Do you want something similar to SE846 or you want something completes it?

Both! 
biggrin.gif

I'd like something similar coz I really love the sound of my shures, but at the same time, something that completes it as well..

Damn am I greedy 
confused.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #3,817 of 5,310
  Both! 
biggrin.gif

I'd like something similar coz I really love the sound of my shures, but at the same time, something that completes it as well..

Damn am I greedy 
confused.gif

If you have money, no problem at all. SE846, to my knowledge, quite bassy with combination of relaxed signature, front/liquid mids with rolled off/darkish treble. I am not sure you can find something similar in CE range. Probably people with more knowledge can help in this point.

What I could say is, most likely BA4 R/F edition would be a good at completing the other sides of the audio reproduction. I would suggest, wait until CE announces the big chance and new models with new names and product lines, then you can decide easily without a confusion or something. In the meantime you can learn more about their products and sound signature.

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #3,819 of 5,310
If you have money, no problem at all. SE846, to my knowledge, quite bassy with combination of relaxed signature, front/liquid mids with rolled off/darkish treble. I am not sure you can find something similar in CE range. Probably people with more knowledge can help in this point.

What I could say is, most likely BA4 R/F edition would be a good at completing the other sides of the audio reproduction. I would suggest, wait until CE announces the big chance and new models with new names and product lines, then you can decide easily without a confusion or something. In the meantime you can learn more about their products and sound signature.

Ok thanks man. But I have a noob qn to ask? Where can I go to learn their sound signature?

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #3,820 of 5,310
Best bet would be to email Cosmic Ears with your requirements and see what they say.  Without hearing the shures or the CE but with a lot of reading I would figure the ba4 would be the bare minimum, with possibly the as yet unreleased BA5 or 6 coming closest.

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #3,821 of 5,310
Just wanted to share my recent positive experience of CE customer service.I have the 2BA model from when Cosmic first popped up on head fi, its my workhorse iem, the one I commute with. I noticed recently that i'd managed to chip a large chunk out of the shell and was resigned to a reshell and being without them for a while. I contacted Phil and he offered to take a look and see if they could be repaired, and possibly upgraded to the new sockets without the need for a full reshell. I sent them last Friday and i'm happy to say they arrived back to me in the UK today. They've been repaired, cleaned up and upgraded to use the new cable and I couldnt be happier, it also saved me money on a full reshell and new impressions. Its not often you get such personal attention, especially with something you bought almost 2 years ago! So many thanks to Phil and Cosmic Ears!

Also, the new cable is something else, its so light and unobtrusive. My old one had the memorywire on the ear guides and it was a right nuisance when wearing glasses and I couldnt get properly comfortable.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #3,822 of 5,310
Quick update on my experiences with the BA4f:

1.Still think they have a tad much bass, don't really care since I can EQ it out really easily.
2.I still use them everyday, and I still love the sound. 
3.That says quite a lot coming from someone who is as obsessive and perfectionistic as me.
4.Am wondering when the BA6 is coming out.
5.Am wondering if I can refrain myself from buying them.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #3,823 of 5,310
Quick update on my experiences with the BA4f:

1.Still think they have a tad much bass, don't really care since I can EQ it out really easily.
2.I still use them everyday, and I still love the sound. 
3.That says quite a lot coming from someone who is as obsessive and perfectionistic as me.
4.Am wondering when the BA6 is coming out.
5.Am wondering if I can refrain myself from buying them.

LOL, I'm also quite interested in CE6P. I can't wait to see read the review at headphonia. BTW, Phil when headphonia will post their impressions about CE6P (do you know anything and can you share these info with us:D?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back