Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Dec 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #3,483 of 5,310
Finally sent my BA4F's back for refit and  they arrived at Cosmic Ears on Monday, hopefully its a quick turnaround, using klipsch s4's are the gym and they sound terrible to my ears now and I find the cable to be a pain. I'm sure it'll just make it that much sweeter when the cosmics make their way back.

On a sidenote does anyone know when the cables will be on sale? When I was browsing the mobile site the other day I'm sure it said like April 2013, would quite like that mercury cable.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #3,485 of 5,310
Phil wrote me some time ago that he will have some spare cables after New Year. I want to buy myslef a backup cable. Phil cables are very nice and soft. I like them.

I would like to also say that CE's cables are good. I get no microphonics with mine, which can be a problem with many cables. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #3,486 of 5,310
So I tried contacting cosmic before sending my ba4f back for refit but struggled for a response as usual, so I went ahead and sent them anyway, they arrived with them on Monday and I'm dying to get them back so I just emailed them for an update to find they're shut till the 19th, I realise it's not that long in comparison to when I was waiting for them to be made but it's more the fact I sold all my good in ears and cans for them so I'm stuck with nothing much.

It will make it that much sweeter when they're back, but what I have just now for exercise sucks.

Tldr; cosmic deserve a holiday but I'm sad.

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #3,487 of 5,310
They have had signs on their website for a fairly long time about the fact that Nov/Dec were very busy, and were then going to have a break.  I'm still waiting for my shop access thing to be granted so that I can pay for a reshell.  Impressions are being taken on the 16th, so I hope they get on with it, else the damn things will dry before CE get their hands on them! 

Dec 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #3,489 of 5,310
I'm just hoping I'm somewhere near the front half of the queue for when they start back after their holiday break. It would be a good feature if we were able to see what number/estimated wait time would be.
I had requested notification and access to the shop at different times, I stupidly assumed they were the same and had requested shop access before notification, since it was a bottom tab of the product page.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #3,492 of 5,310
Come on guys, it's the first time they close shop. Let them enjoy their holiday.

+1. Definitely they deserve a break. Since they communicated this break very early you shouldn't be surprised. Don't expect them to reply to your emails while they are on their break.

Although I fully understand you that you want your monitors to be send back/made asap. I remember that when I was waiting for my monitors this waiting period was killing me.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #3,493 of 5,310
Come on guys, it's the first time they close shop. Let them enjoy their holiday.

+1. Definitely they deserve a break. Since they communicated this break very early you shouldn't be surprised. Don't expect them to reply to your emails while they are on their break.

Although I fully understand you that you want your monitors to be send back/made asap. I remember that when I was waiting for my monitors this waiting period was killing me.

Completely agree, things tend to come to a halt at this time of the year. I wouldn't expect the company to get properly under way until mid-January the earliest.
The CE team deserve a well earned break as shown from the sheer volume of positive feedback they've received and the number of shell modification they've done.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #3,494 of 5,310
They definitely deserve the holiday, I doubt any of us can imagine just how busy they are, they always seemed to be available on skype no matter what time of day it was.

My issue was one I've always had, I'd get like a half answer to a question and ask again and just never hear anything, I've been trying to contact for a month, but it just seems to be me thats always had issues with contacting Cosmic, so I went and just sent them back last week with a letter explaining everything last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back